Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's the best sporting event you've attended live?

VERIZON MEDIA FTW

Verizon Media Fanboy
I was at the '97 NLCS (game 5 iirc) Braves at Marlins... when Livian Hernandez struck out 15 Braves and Michael "Whiff" Tucker ran into the right field wall and lost a contact lens.

Nobody sat the entire game and everyone hung on every pitch. The energy was electrifying.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Game 4 of 95 Stanley Cup. Devils swept the unbeatable Red Wings. Had 2nd row seats. Actually saw a picture from game in Sports Illustrated and only people in crowd you can make out is me and my brother. Neal Broten signed the picture for us.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
lj-scott-b3030722c6742986.gif

Blood bath. And the good guys lost. :cry:

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
-Game 7 of the Stanley Cup when Hurricanes won at home. 1st row of club level. Never been any place so loud.
-1999 US Open at Pinehurst when Payne Stewart won.
-plenty of Carolina Duke basketball games going back to the mid-80s
-Most obscure but notable- UNC vs W&L in lacrosse when Jack Emmer rolled out the The Armadillo, which caused a rule change in the sport.

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
1993 Mizzou/Illinois Braggin Rights game.
Mizzou down 5 with under a minute to play come back to tie and force OT.
Mizzou again down 5 with less than a minute in OT come back to tie to force double OT.
With the score tied and no time on the clock Illinois bricks 2 free throws to send it to triple OT.
In OT3 Mizzou freshman gaurd Jason Sutherland broke out and led the tigers to a 1 point victory 108-107.
Mizzou came in to the game unranked and struggling but the win catapulted their season and they ended up finishing a perfect 14-0 in big 8 play that season.

comotiger

Poster
Founder
1) 2018 PGA championship in St Louis was fun as fuck
2) Mizzou vs Oklahoma with college game day 2010. Mizzou beat #1 OU.
3) Game 7 Western finals Blues over Sharks 2019.

Worst game was Mizzou losing to Norfolk St. Had bought stuff for the whole weekend thinking we’d be there through Sunday then they lost that Friday afternoon. Brutal

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Wife and I went to the 2014 Rose Bowl as well.
Awesome! Total bucket list for me. I was a freshman at MSU when they last went in '87. Couldn't afford to go. Biggest regret of my life at that point and vowed to get their if MSU ever got back. Took the wife and two kids. Amazing experience.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Awesome! Total bucket list for me. I was a freshman at MSU when they last went in '87. Couldn't afford to go. Biggest regret of my life at that point and vowed to get their if MSU ever got back. Took the wife and two kids. Amazing experience.
My wife and I were broke kids just out of college so we ended up taking a loan to go and it was worth every penny. We had an interesting travel story. So I was lurking on my buddies account on the MSU homeboard back then and because all of the flights were booked they were trying to get a charter flight together. It ended up costing as much as a normal airline out there so we said let's go. We sat next to a surgeon who played the fight song the whole time out there. Tailgated at 30,000 feet. Great experience, loved every second even though we landed Friday afternoon/evening and left Sunday morning. Fast forward a few years, I'm taking to one of my coworkers at my current job (not the job I had during the Rose Bowl) and I'm telling her this story and she says, that sounds similar to what we did. Turns out she was sitting the row directly in front of us on the flight.

Life's crazy sometimes.

TimeBandit

Poster
Didn’t get in, but was outside Fenway Park in 2004 trying like hell to buy tickets for game 1 of the World Series.....the atmosphere around Fenway was definitely electric, especially after the Red Sox had that epic comeback against the Yankees in the ALCS.

Actual event would be the 2007 BCS game between the Gators and Ohio State in Phoenix. gato were huge underdogs and it looked bleak when Ted Gunn ran the opening kick back for a TD....but the rest as they say is history.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
My wife and I were broke kids just out of college so we ended up taking a loan to go and it was worth every penny. We had an interesting travel story. So I was lurking on my buddies account on the MSU homeboard back then and because all of the flights were booked they were trying to get a charter flight together. It ended up costing as much as a normal airline out there so we said let's go. We sat next to a surgeon who played the fight song the whole time out there. Tailgated at 30,000 feet. Great experience, loved every second even though we landed Friday afternoon/evening and left Sunday morning. Fast forward a few years, I'm taking to one of my coworkers at my current job (not the job I had during the Rose Bowl) and I'm telling her this story and she says, that sounds similar to what we did. Turns out she was sitting the row directly in front of us on the flight.

Life's crazy sometimes.
Wow! That is a great story. My dad was a big Sparty fan and he was always crushed about not being able to go. I remember calling him as I walked in the stadium and we were both crying like babies. I know that may sound weak, but we had a very strong football bond.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
2006 Texas-USC Rose Bowl. Most electric atmosphere I have ever witnessed. The whole event from the tailgating outside the stadium, the intros on the field, the game, the end of the game theatrics and the ensuing party in Hollywood and the Sunset Strip until the sun came up was best day ever type of stuff.

2015 Masters on Saturday and Sunday with Spieth's historic victory.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Wide Right 1 in ’91 Fookin Thomas
WS in ‘95. Game 6 at Fulton County Stadium. Only real championship for Atlanta sports. I don’t count soccer.

Spc311

Poster
-Game 7 of the Stanley Cup when Hurricanes won at home. 1st row of club level. Never been any place so loud.
-1999 US Open at Pinehurst when Payne Stewart won.
-plenty of Carolina Duke basketball games going back to the mid-80s
-Most obscure but notable- UNC vs W&L in lacrosse when Jack Emmer rolled out the The Armadillo, which caused a rule change in the sport.
Wow, I never thought I'd see a Jack Emmer reference here.

OldBuzzard

Poster
Alabama vs Tennessee in 1987 at the venerable Legion Field in Birmingham Thames, Alabama. Tennessee was ranked number 8 in the nation and Alabama was up ranked. Tennessee was a huge favorite. Alabama beat ‘em like they owed our guys (Alabama} money. Plus, I as there with my young beautiful wife.
”Tennessee is shocked!,,”

Molon Labe

MAGA Man
Founder
I was at the '97 NLCS (game 5 iirc) Braves at Marlins... when Livian Hernandez struck out 15 Braves and Michael "Whiff" Tucker ran into the right field wall and lost a contact lens.

Nobody sat the entire game and everyone hung on every pitch. The energy was electrifying.
Watching your mother get plowed in every hole on all fours. What a cock holster.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
UK vs LSU when LSU had Shaq and Chris Jackson. It was UK's last season on probation and we were a .500 or so team. LSU was #1 or so. Our tallest player was 6'7" and we won. We had a tv ban also so you couldn't watch that team live on tv, only at like 1;30 am or some shit.

Tide In The ATL

Poster
Founder
Wide Right 1 in ’91 Fookin Thomas
WS in ‘95. Game 6 at Fulton County Stadium. Only real championship for Atlanta sports. I don’t count soccer.
My answer was going to be game 1 of the 95 World Series. Maddux 2 hitter. I was 11 at the time and still remember it well and the electric atmosphere.

Cowboy1stn10

Elite
2007 OSU vs. UT was the most exciting game I’ve attended live. This game had it all: triple OT, half court three pointer while falling out of bounds, and a coach passing out because he ate too many amphetamines that day.

#metoo Game took a year off of my life. Boggan and Durant were both on fvcking fire and had very similar stat lines at the end of the game.

denn

Legendary
Founder

I remember that game well. I remember thinking, Braves fans have to be pissed that the umps are using the same strike zone that Glavine and Maddux received for years, for Livan. While Hernandez pitched very well, he was getting calls that were half a foot off the plate.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Getting tickets to the ‘05 Rose Bowl in October was pretty cool not knowing the game would be that awesome. Also not knowing I’d be in the corner where Vince scored.

After that it’d have to be flying from Nica to the FSU/Auburn Natty. Then it comes down To the Capitals Stanley Cup victory in Vegas and the Nats winning the World Series in shitty ass Houston.

The death after Sean Taylor Redskins game was pretty intense. So many to choose from.

Top Bottom