Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What video game have you been playing lately.

mrt

Elite
Funny you should ask, I ran one of my old DOS favs "Megafortress". If I remember I paid almost 50 bucks for that little game at a mall games store in Baton Rouge decades ago. It had a copy of the book which the game was based upon. I used an old 386 Tandy back then with one B drive. It looks pretty good on 1680x1050 and XEON plays exactly the same without any glitches.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
I am addicted to simplest, stupidest, most basic brick breaker game since atari super breakout.

That and Spyro, Crash on the run, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. (My daughter gave me a Nintendo switch for Christmas and, well, here I am).

I'm about to break out my Playstation 2 so I can replay Jak and Daxter. 🤣

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I’ve played some Day of the Tentacle remastered if anyone remembers that classic

mrt

Elite
I am addicted to simplest, stupidest, most basic brick breaker game since atari super breakout.

That and Spyro, Crash on the run, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. (My daughter gave me a Nintendo switch for Christmas and, well, here I am).

I'm about to break out my Playstation 2 so I can replay Jak and Daxter. 🤣
I am using an open source loader for DOS games which makes all the setups for old games using an included and tweaked DOSbox. You just open the program and it has a small interface that you can just slide any dos game into, an ISO or unpacked file. Prior to finding that I had to open up a virtual drive for an ISO but the software works like a champ. The name of it is "De-Fend Reloaded" Just search for it and you get the Sourceforge Net for download. I use multi antivirus and crap stoppers so I can't say if sourceforge is safe or not, there was a time years ago it wasn't a great way to download anything but I haven't heard any negative news on the site since then.

scanodd

Poster
Founder
red-dead-redemption-2-buttonjpg-f9ad35.jpg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@cavs124 and I play Age of Empires a few nights a week online. Have lately been teaming up on all the Indian civilizations to recreate the trail of tears.
Lol you serious about this bro? Are we talking about AoE2? I am a beast at that one

Will.I.Am

Poster
Stronghold: Crusader and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. True games for an oldfag. Yeah, and of course, free cell. Card games are nice and calming activity for my old and tired brain.
All of these games, I believe, will help me to avoid Alzheimer's. I hope so because they require my brain to work and deliver information. Stage by stage, you remember new things, and you need them every time you play, so they stay in your memory and make it more reliable.
So, old lads here’s my recommendation: Play strategic games to stay sane.

Last edited:

flyerjeff

Poster
Founder
DCS. Only thing I play.

Each aircraft has its own trailer and specifics to learn but I think the Tomcat theatrical style trailer was the best watch the first 2.5 mins of it.

Wasn’t a Navy guy but I’m sure anyone here from the Navy know the term “Vampire” very well

Last edited:

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
DCS. Only thing I play.

Each aircraft has its own trailer and specifics to learn but I think the Tomcat theatrical style trailer was the best watch the first 2.5 mins of it.

Wasn’t a Navy guy but I’m sure anyone here from the Navy know the term “Vampire” very well
How does this compare to Microsoft Flight Sim?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I started playing Hades again since my AoE2 bros left me out in the cold. Great game on switch for traveling

1656370673416.jpeg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I am using an open source loader for DOS games which makes all the setups for old games using an included and tweaked DOSbox. You just open the program and it has a small interface that you can just slide any dos game into, an ISO or unpacked file. Prior to finding that I had to open up a virtual drive for an ISO but the software works like a champ. The name of it is "De-Fend Reloaded" Just search for it and you get the Sourceforge Net for download. I use multi antivirus and crap stoppers so I can't say if sourceforge is safe or not, there was a time years ago it wasn't a great way to download anything but I haven't heard any negative news on the site since then.
I remember when @mrt got ran of the board. He was probably the oldest guy on the forum and a veteran. He had some great stories and pictures. One day he posted a really long story without using paragraphs and he caught a bunch of shit from the forum. If only he had used paragraphs he would still be here with us

PleasureMoose

Legendary
I remember when @mrt got ran of the board. He was probably the oldest guy on the forum and a veteran. He had some great stories and pictures. One day he posted a really long story without using paragraphs and he caught a bunch of shit from the forum. If only he had used paragraphs he would still be here with us
1656371053082.gif

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've been on WoW classic. Started my subscription a couple days ago and wrath of the lich king releases next week

Fansong1977

Poster
DCS. Only thing I play.

This is a great game if you haven't tried it. Very detailed.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Is this still free to play other than the subscription
Yeah. I’ve never even got to the point of doing raids, but I play off and on every few years. Usually level a character to max and run some dungeons then I’m done.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I went a little to hard on burning crusades this weekend. Didn’t really accomplish anything in real life, but I did go from level 60 to 65 so there’s that

sipsey37

Poster
Founder
Temtem is like a Pokémon mmo that you can play online with friends through the campaign. Been playing that like crazy. Nba2k23 came out yesterday as well so I’ll be grinding a character out on there too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom