Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What is causing and what do you think are the long term effects of businesses not being able to find employees?

milktoast

Poster
Restaurants, airlines, factories, hotels, every single place you go has for hire signs outside. Air travel is an absolute nightmare.

Did everyone become Door Dashers or Uber drivers? Makes sense when you can make just as much money working on your own terms.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
It’s basic supply and demand like anything else. Knowbody wants two dew those jobs. The supply of workers is low with the demand beeing high.

If it’s a shitty job, like the above, companies are going two have too pay a wage that encourages people two want too dew that shit.

The pandemic exacerbated the issues even farther. White collar workers often got two sit a home and collect a paycheck while laborers and blue collar workers were expected two produce even more dew two staff shortages, supply shortages, and health risks. The idea that throwing labors an extra too dollars / hour as adequate compensation was just a slap in the face.

The US is either going two need too bring in cheap foreign labor (🤮) or start paying low and high skilled labor weigh moore!

Last edited:

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
In 2020 my wife worked (officially) 32 hours a week during the school year at my daughters preschool as the assistant director. At tax time we figured that she did all that work and we cleared an extra $2000-3000 take home. 2021 she worked half the year as assistant director at the preschool then the second half as a teacher for the local school district. If we file taxes jointly like we typically do her work brought home an extra $7k for working all year. It’s not worth it for her to work. I make a good living and several thousand dollars is not worth the hassle IMO. We aren’t wealthy but we are comfortable enough that a few thousands dollars is not a huge deal to us. She likes her job and is going to keep working but it’s infuriating to see what our family nets from her hard work.

Now we are going to file separately and she is going to claim the kids so she qualifies for the stimmy checks we didn’t get. We are going to go from owing a few thousand to getting a couple thousand back as a return (I’m going to owe a bunch but her return including stimmy will be more than what I owe).

And all of this with her working a job that is a career. Teachers don’t make a lot but they sure make more than many of the jobs that aren’t being filled.

America 1st

Founder
I’m not against the idea but how does this get people back to work. Seems like it could have an opposite effect on the total workforce
People have Moore money two spend i.e. it increases the velocity of money.

Inflation will persist longer which sinks Puddin.

It’s a win / win. Millions of citizens get a win and Puddin continues to take the shaft (witch will lead to his ousting).

milktoast

Poster
People have Moore money two spend i.e. it increases the velocity of money.

Inflation will persist longer which sinks Puddin.

It’s a win / win. Millions of citizens get a win and Puddin continues to take the shaft (witch will lead to his ousting).
Velocity of money hasn’t been the issue here in my opinion. I want to know how you get people back to work. Working class wages have gone up 50% or more and businesses can’t find workers

America 1st

Founder
Velocity of money hasn’t been the issue here in my opinion. I want to know how you get people back to work. Working class wages have gone up 50% or more and businesses can’t find workers
Velocity of money has been two high.

If Puddin forgives student loans it will cause inflation to persist longer than it otherwise wood have because the velocity of money will be stimulated.

People going back two work isn’t really the main issue facing the economy. Thousands of people are beeing added to payrolls every month.

We should want working class wages to go up. If they have gone up 50% and businesses can’t find workers then the value of labor was at least 50% undervalued.

“Full employment” is a moving value. Full will mean significantly less people now dew two the pandemic which means even Moore wage increases (and inflation as an end result).

What’s yore priority? Limiting inflation or some other metric?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Student loan forgiveness.

Why should these loans be forgiven? It sends the wrong message in every way. Im all for investing in education, but forgiving debt is not the right way to invest. You are teaching people that their signature means nothing. The other side of that debt is real and is owed to someone, what gives the government moral authority to pick winners and losers and decide that one of these groups deserves the money more than the others?

What about people who have already paid off their debt? They get nothing for doing the right thing?

How about investing in more schools to provide competition to the schools currently out there. We know competition would bring prices down and it would be a lot cheaper and more efficient than just paying someone's debt off.

You could probably build what, 25-50 universities for the cost of forgiving the current debt.

America 1st

Founder
Why should these loans be forgiven? It sends the wrong message in every way. Im all for investing in education, but forgiving debt is not the right way to invest. You are teaching people that their signature means nothing. The other side of that debt is real and is owed to someone, what gives the government moral authority to pick winners and losers and decide that one of these groups deserves the money more than the others?

What about people who have already paid off their debt? They get nothing for doing the right thing?

How about investing in more schools to provide competition to the schools currently out there. We know competition would bring prices down and it would be a lot cheaper and more efficient than just paying someone's debt off.

You could probably build what 25-50 universities for the cost of forgiving the current debt.
It’s not a moral issue. It’s a political won.

The government “picks winners and losers” based on who wins elections. If yew want two bee a “winner” Moore often then yew need two bee on the side that wins more elections. The government already “makes signatures mean nothing” with bankruptcy law. Furthermore, yew can elect people two pass a tax cut fore people who paid off there loans if yew feel strongly enough about it (eye support it personally).

Personally, eye really don’t care if Puddin forgives them ore knot. Eye wood benefit if he forgave the loans and I’m going to benefit if he doesn’t (inflation cumming down).

Selfishly eye wood like two sea him dew it just two get people fired up and hurt himself politically butt he is going to bee hurting politically if he doesn’t see it two.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
It’s not a moral issue. It’s a political won.

The government “picks winners and losers” based on who wins elections. If yew want two bee a “winner” Moore often then yew need two bee on the side that wins more elections. The government already “makes signatures mean nothing” with bankruptcy law. Furthermore, yew can elect people two pass a tax cut fore people who paid off there loans if yew feel strongly enough about it (eye support it personally).

Personally, eye really don’t care if Puddin forgives them ore knot. Eye wood benefit if he forgave the loans and I’m going to benefit if he doesn’t (inflation cumming down).

Selfishly eye wood like two sea him dew it just two get people fired up and hurt himself politically butt he is going to bee hurting politically if he doesn’t see it two.

Jesus man. You’re still doing your stupid little shtick? I thought that was only for people who make over exaggerated claims about the vaccines? People are trying to have a real conversation in here (not necessarily with you), you inject yourself in the conversation anyway, and you’re still acting like an 8 year old? You are an overall detriment to this board. You bring nothing good, positive or even any fresh ideas to this community.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Jesus man. You’re still doing your stupid little shtick? I thought that was only for people who make over exaggerated claims about the vaccines? People are trying to have a real conversation in here (not necessarily with you), you inject yourself in the conversation anyway, and you’re still acting like an 8 year old? You are an overall detriment to this board. You bring nothing good, positive or even any fresh ideas to this community.

The misspelling of every possible word is as obnoxious that the content of his posts, imo. So strange, used to be a decent poster. Weird, elaborate troll maybe? I mostly just skip his posts these days, not wasting my time reading shit posting.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
The misspelling of every possible word is as obnoxious that the content of his posts, imo. So strange, used to be a decent poster. Weird, elaborate troll maybe? I mostly just skip his posts these days, not wasting my time reading shit posting.

Agreed. I’m thinking something happened in his personal life (maybe his wife took a turn for the worse) and he is lashing out at the world. I start to read all posts, but as soon as the intentional misspelling starts I give up. Now I’ve completely given up and finally blocked him. It’s just a troll and not worth the time.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
In retrospect it turns out outbidding employers to have working age people sit at home and do nothing was a poor policy decision.

Probably hidden in/compounding this is baby boomers hitting retirement age.

Good point that i had not really considered. Not to mention, if you were on the verge of retiring and at the same time your 401k gains 30-40% in a couple years .... that might FFWD your retirement a bit. Or at least give you the ability to quit your real job and move to a retirement side gig.

America 1st

Founder
Remember when eye said bye Intel?

Patriots are in control! 🇺🇸
Good point that i had not really considered. Not to mention, if you were on the verge of retiring and at the same time your 401k gains 30-40% in a couple years .... that might FFWD your retirement a bit. Or at least give you the ability to quit your real job and move to a retirement side gig.
This is a large part of what eye have Ben saying since the beginning. Millions of workers are never returning to employment.

The supply of labor has permanently shifted because of the pandemic. Full employment will bee a significantly smaller % of the pop.

America 1st

Founder
Bee ungovernable!
Agreed. I’m thinking something happened in his personal life (maybe his wife took a turn for the worse) and he is lashing out at the world. I start to read all posts, but as soon as the intentional misspelling starts I give up. Now I’ve completely given up and finally blocked him. It’s just a troll and not worth the time.
She is dewing really well (eye appreciate yew asking)!

The only difference with me lately is that eye only drink on the weekends now (fore the most part).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Remember when eye said bye Intel?

Patriots are in control! 🇺🇸

This is a large part of what eye have Ben saying since the beginning. Millions of workers are never returning to employment.

The supply of labor has permanently shifted because of the pandemic. Full employment will bee a significantly smaller % of the pop.
*Because of the pandemic AND easy money policies.

America 1st

Founder
*Because of the pandemic AND easy money policies.
Easy money policies have Ben happening since Reagan. It’s hardly just Anne issue since the pandemic.

I’m pretty indifferent towards easy money policies. Tax cuts and low interest rates are nice at times and other times they aren’t (like right now with the inflation).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Easy money policies have Ben happening since Reagan. It’s hardly just Anne issue since the pandemic.

I’m pretty indifferent towards easy money policies. Tax cuts and low interest rates are nice at times and other times they aren’t (like right now with the inflation).
1644249463417.png

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
This is a good representation of what eye was saying. Appreciate the assist!

If you want to say that sure. But what it shows is the exact opposite of "easy money policies have been happening since Reagan." Reagan was president in 1980 I believe. Look at the chart in 1980 and then again in 2020. Then come back in here and tell me those two are the same.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Velocity of money has been two high.

If Puddin forgives student loans it will cause inflation to persist longer than it otherwise wood have because the velocity of money will be stimulated.

People going back two work isn’t really the main issue facing the economy. Thousands of people are beeing added to payrolls every month.

We should want working class wages to go up. If they have gone up 50% and businesses can’t find workers then the value of labor was at least 50% undervalued.

“Full employment” is a moving value. Full will mean significantly less people now dew two the pandemic which means even Moore wage increases (and inflation as an end result).

What’s yore priority? Limiting inflation or some other metric?
Why was this not a problem as little as 2 years ago?

America 1st

Founder
If you want to say that sure. But what it shows is the exact opposite of "easy money policies have been happening since Reagan." Reagan was president in 1980 I believe. Look at the chart in 1980 and then again in 2020. Then come back in here and tell me those two are the same.
The rate doesn’t have two bee the same across ever year on the chart.

Money might have Ben easier two get inn 2020 than 1980 butt there is know denying the trend started under Reagan.

America 1st

Founder
Why was this not a problem as little as 2 years ago?
Why was what knot a problem exactly?

If yew mean inflation there is a shipping crisis and a shortage of guds now.

If yew mean labor shortages there was shortages too years ago (than the pandemic just exacerbated).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
The rate doesn’t have two bee the same across ever year on the chart.

Money might have Ben easier two get inn 2020 than 1980 butt there is know denying the trend started under Reagan.
2020 is not a part of any trend in that chart. It is a massive outlier and hence a big reason for the current labor situation.

America 1st

Founder
2020 is not a part of any trend in that chart. It is a massive outlier and hence a big reason for the current labor situation.
That’s not what that chart says.

While it might bee an outlier their is know debating it’s part of a broader trend.

America 1st

Founder
Employment.

Yore Ideayeah ov elimbenating stewdent det is retarded.
Well like eye explained their was shortages of labor too years ago. We were at fool employment and demand fore labor was still threw the roof.

Also it’s not “my idea” four eliminating student debt. Eye didn’t cum up with it.

I’m just not opposed two it fore the same reasons as yew.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
That’s not what that chart says.

While it might bee an outlier their is know debating it’s part of a broader trend.
In addition to being a poor speller, you are bad at reading charts and recognizing trends. Im starting to see a trend myself.

Top Bottom