Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What happened to Martin?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@irlafterthought18 has known Martin for several years and his going to be helping streamline things and adding some more structure so we are getting everyone good and diverse content from Uganda.

We like doing short videos, but we are going to start doing things like a series on one topic over the week. Maybe like cooking in Uganda. Things like that

BigBucnNole

Elite
Thanks for the history lesson, Dan Carlin

anytime-predator.gif

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
@irlafterthought18 has known Martin for several years and his going to be helping streamline things and adding some more structure so we are getting everyone good and diverse content from Uganda.

We like doing short videos, but we are going to start doing things like a series on one topic over the week. Maybe like cooking in Uganda. Things like that

BlandGloomyAntelopegroundsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

BigBucnNole

Elite

How does he know him?

Phillip McKraken

Legendary
Founder

I would like to suggest something more educational and relevant to my interests. For example, “Prostitution in Uganda” or the “Flesh eating fish people of lake Victoria”

Talked to @Martin some today! He's probably sleeping now haha. Tomorrow we are going to video chat for awhile and work on some awesome ideas for upcoming videos! Look forward to them, we got some cool ideas.

As for how do I know Martin, it's kind of crazy. 3 or so years ago he messaged me out of the blue on facebook and we just started talking. I told him he got lucky picking me, most people would probably ignore it and forget about it. But we began talking some everyday, each teaching each other about our cultures, he started teaching me his language, and he picked up English exceptionally fast. We just became closer and closer and now he's my mugandawange omulunji (Great Brother, one love).

I wondered for a VERY long time why Facebook showed him my profile. The ONLY thing I can come up with is (and this is like kinda weird-fate for me and him) is where he lives in Uganda the area code is also 256 like here in North Bama. I'm assuming some algorithm messed up and showed him my profile, he messaged hello, and the rest is a good history of friendship.

My goal is to have enough saved soon so I can finally go spend some time with him and my family there. If we do that, we prepare to make an entire vlog of our travels and time together, so hopefully look forward to that as well one day!

Taggart

Elite
Founder
Talked to @Martin some today! He's probably sleeping now haha. Tomorrow we are going to video chat for awhile and work on some awesome ideas for upcoming videos! Look forward to them, we got some cool ideas.

As for how do I know Martin, it's kind of crazy. 3 or so years ago he messaged me out of the blue on facebook and we just started talking. I told him he got lucky picking me, most people would probably ignore it and forget about it. But we began talking some everyday, each teaching each other about our cultures, he started teaching me his language, and he picked up English exceptionally fast. We just became closer and closer and now he's my mugandawange omulunji (Great Brother, one love).

I wondered for a VERY long time why Facebook showed him my profile. The ONLY thing I can come up with is (and this is like kinda weird-fate for me and him) is where he lives in Uganda the area code is also 256 like here in North Bama. I'm assuming some algorithm messed up and showed him my profile, he messaged hello, and the rest is a good history of friendship.

My goal is to have enough saved soon so I can finally go spend some time with him and my family there. If we do that, we prepare to make an entire vlog of our travels and time together, so hopefully look forward to that as well one day!
Sounds kinda like gay 90 Day Fiance 🙃

Praise

Elite
Actually his name is Mabugu, but he had gone by the name Martin since interacting with people in the States

Yes He is my long time friend and he has been good to me for several years. Am so excited to work with him in collecting videos about Uganda Cultures. Thanks

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

I assume that you mean "family" as in your Martin family? Do you have other relatives over there?

I assume that you mean "family" as in your Martin family? Do you have other relatives over there?
Yes, I do not have any blood relatives of my own there; but my family here refers to @Martin as part of our family and I believe it is the same there for me. Kinda weird maybe, but to me Martin and his family has shown me nothing but care and love.

But yeah, for real when @Martin messaged me it was just a crazy random occurrence that he happened to pick someone who loves meeting new people, especially from new countries or areas, loves other cultures, is obsessed with linguistics and learning new languages, and is just overall kind of a weirdo. We became fast mates and continued to grow close from there.

Praise

Elite
But yeah, for real when @Martin messaged me it was just a crazy random occurrence that he happened to pick someone who loves meeting new people, especially from new countries or areas, loves other cultures, is obsessed with linguistics and learning new languages, and is just overall kind of a weirdo. We became fast mates and continued to grow close from there.
I was so excited to meet you and great that we are now brothers tho over seas and miss to spend moments together here. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom