Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What do other loners do with their free time?

brooknzoro

Poster
I have no friends, family, partner, nor a job. I am a military vet surviving on disability. I have 0 social life + skills - I did when I was younger but it just seemed to dry up one day. Currently I play a lot of video games and watch anime.

I'm interested in hearing what other people that don't have a whole lot going on do. I honestly think I'm starting to lose my mind from boredom.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
I shadow box, hit the bag, and do calisthenic workouts. I don't leave the house though.
Learn how to play golf... it's great for the mind, being outside, and you'll prob end up meeting some people at the local course. Learn how to play on the range, then grab a few beers in the clubhouse, and odds are you'll see a lot of the same people there you might get to know a bit. Great social game.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
I shadow box, hit the bag, and do calisthenic workouts. I don't leave the house though.
Why not? Yore gonna need to get out and about to start meeting people and filling yore calendar OR find a good bar and pull up a seat early.....then drink till close and talk to every person that enters! (Also, the Bartender isnt yore friend....they are like strippers that will suck up to steal yore money and MOJO!!)

BurntJ

Founder
I have no friends, family, partner, nor a job. I am a military vet surviving on disability. I have 0 social life + skills - I did when I was younger but it just seemed to dry up one day. Currently I play a lot of video games and watch anime.

I'm interested in hearing what other people that don't have a whole lot going on do. I honestly think I'm starting to lose my mind from boredom.
What State you in?
Likes? (NO HOMO)
Fears or any HELL NO's?

Help me out here. I truly am an expert at meeting people. They NEVER seem to forget me!!!

brooknzoro

Poster
Learn how to play golf... it's great for the mind, being outside, and you'll prob end up meeting some people at the local course. Learn how to play on the range, then grab a few beers in the clubhouse, and odds are you'll see a lot of the same people there you might get to know a bit. Great social game.
I feel like the people I see on the course dress well and have social skills though. I struggle trying to hold conversations in person man.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
I feel like the people I see on the course dress well and have social skills though. I struggle trying to hold conversations in person man.
Most golfers I know are just average dudes that like to drink beer and bullshit. Sure if you go to really nice courses you'll get the more uppity types, but your typical municipal course is just regular dudes looking to get away from their wives/kids.

brooknzoro

Poster
Why not? Yore gonna need to get out and about to start meeting people and filling yore calendar OR find a good bar and pull up a seat early.....then drink till close and talk to every person that enters! (Also, the Bartender isnt yore friend....they are like strippers that will suck up to steal yore money and MOJO!!)
I used to go out quite a bit a few years ago, but I just stopped being able to one day fr. It's pretty hard talking to people when im out and about, let alone turning those convos into friendships

brooknzoro

Poster
What State you in?
Likes? (NO HOMO)
Fears or any HELL NO's?

Help me out here. I truly am an expert at meeting people. They NEVER seem to forget me!!!
I'm in Texas
I like anime, video games, sports (boxing, football, basketball, track primarily), philosophy and theology, I used to be big into escape rooms and karaoke bars when I was more extroverted, I also used to be an avid drinker but I quit the sauce in December, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head
I'm open to pretty much any experience tbh. I'm one of those "I'll try anything once" people.

BurntJ

Founder
If you jerk off a lot does it effect your eye sight?
you-you-de-niro.gif

Well done :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BurntJ

Founder
I'm in Texas
I like anime, video games, sports (boxing, football, basketball, track primarily), philosophy and theology, I used to be big into escape rooms and karaoke bars when I was more extroverted, I also used to be an avid drinker but I quit the sauce in December, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head
I'm open to pretty much any experience tbh. I'm one of those "I'll try anything once" people.
Start with Church?

Great place to meet and converse without judgement. Once you regain confidence branch from here. (Also, it will probably open up more doors as a good church usually has good community involvement.)

brooknzoro

Poster
Most golfers I know are just average dudes that like to drink beer and bullshit. Sure if you go to really nice courses you'll get the more uppity types, but your typical municipal course is just regular dudes looking to get away from their wives/kids.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I've only tried mini golf a bit bc real golf seemed intimidating but I'll shoot my shot. Thanks man

BurntJ

Founder
Bike riding sounds like a great way to get outta the house and burn some calories. I'm going to look into finding a bike on fb marketplace asap, thanks man
Disc golf seems to be flourishing at the parks in GA. (I don't play as apparently I'm too athletic to throw a frisbee worth a shit....or at least that's what I claim.)

brooknzoro

Poster
Start with Church?

Great place to meet and converse without judgement. Once you regain confidence branch from here. (Also, it will probably open up more doors as a good church usually has good community involvement.)
I could definitely try a church. I kinda forgot about them since I left gramma's lol - she wouldn't let me miss a Sunday service nor a Wednesday bible study.

denn

Legendary
Founder
There are certainly days when I wish I was a "loner" still. Lately there have been more of those days than not. Close to walking away from my current relationship in which I am suppose to be married, but lately I am second guessing that. What I would do is what burntJ said. Play golf. It will get you out of the house and it will help with your social skills coming back as well. When you are done with playing or practicing, you can then go home and play some more video games....without feeling bad about yourself. Even though you shouldn't feel bad about that anyway. JMO. Mostly, take baby steps to getting back out there. This is not an all or nothing type deal.

I wish you well

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
those are nice catches man! I'll binge some youtube videos and head to Academy or something to see how much it'll cost to get started.
This guy is from Texas. Christian fellow and does a lot of bass fishing along with other.

What I watched during 2019 to 22. has a lot more videos.
DM me. Love to help you out.

Last edited:

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
How old are you?

Something no one has said yet and a lot of guys on here take an interest in are gardens. If you have a place where you can have one they can actually be kinda fun to do.
Even if you’re clueless about them you can do a little research and start with just a few things.
That is a great idea.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I've only tried mini golf a bit bc real golf seemed intimidating but I'll shoot my shot. Thanks man
I’m not a golfer but I’ve always wanted to get started, just don’t think I’d ever have the time. However, if I did get started I would start at the driving range because it’s a place you can get comfortable hitting off a tee before going to a course

Welcome to the forum btw. Good thread you’ve got going here

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Depending on where you are in Texas, try saltwater fishing. Freshwater fishing is meh.

Golf is great if you enjoy constant, nagging frustration.

Gardening is rewarding.

Depending on where you are in Texas, try saltwater fishing. Freshwater fishing is meh.

Golf is great if you enjoy constant, nagging frustration.

Gardening is rewarding.
If he wanted to socialize in the gayest queerest capital in the USA that’s available in texQas too!

brooknzoro

Poster
How old are you?

Something no one has said yet and a lot of guys on here take an interest in are gardens. If you have a place where you can have one they can actually be kinda fun to do.
Even if you’re clueless about them you can do a little research and start with just a few things.
I'm 26
A garden sounds interesting but wouldn't I must admit, I have failed to keep succulents alive in the past

Top Bottom