Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weekend Meat

4n6tox

Poster
It seems like it's rained for 40 days and 40 nights in NC. Need something in my life so here is what I'm working with. Cheap ass harris teeter porterhouse tonight and overnight smoke of a relatively good quality pork butt. Overnight temps gonna be a challenge for that, but I will prevail.

Attachments

• PXL_20210220_213744943.jpg
    PXL_20210220_213744943.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
It seems like it's rained for 40 days and 40 nights in NC. Need something in my life so here is what I'm working with. Cheap ass harris teeter porterhouse tonight and overnight smoke of a relatively good quality pork butt. Overnight temps gonna be a challenge for that, but I will prevail.

That will work. Where in NC are you?

Icculus

Poster
I’m with ya in the rain, it’s been awful in NC. I’m about to prep my pork for the smoker. Have a chicken I’ll prep and put on tomorrow. Gonna make my grandmother’s hash recipe tomorrow night or Monday.

4n6tox

Poster
I’m with ya in the rain, it’s been awful in NC. I’m about to prep my pork for the smoker. Have a chicken I’ll prep and put on tomorrow. Gonna make my grandmother’s hash recipe tomorrow night or Monday.
You had me at hello, and grandmother's hash.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
That's a beautiful area.

Envious.
Parents have a one bedroom cabin up here. Been up since Wednesday. Just awesome to relax. Other than the weather. Had snow and ice Thursday. Now clear but colder than I’m used to

Icculus

Poster
That looks great! How’d long you smoke it for? What kind of wood?
Finally got around to prepping my meat this morning and gonna cook it tomorrow and make the hash tomorrow night.

4n6tox

Poster
Took forever. Ended up taking about 16 hours for 8 pounder. I used hickory chunks but I make sure to use lump charcoal for the coals. Adds a lot of flavor over charcoal briquettes. It got cold last night and cooked lower temp than I would have preferred (~200 degrees). I was drunk and wasn't getting up to add coals or monkey with vent. Beauty of a pork butt though, forgiving.

4n6tox

Poster
That looks great! How’d long you smoke it for? What kind of wood?
Finally got around to prepping my meat this morning and gonna cook it tomorrow and make the hash tomorrow night.
I'm looking forward to seeing the hash, btw.

Icculus

Poster
Just put the bird on and wrapped the butt. Gonna pull the bird at 8:30ish and check the butt temp then.

Attachments

• B66DE94F-E0E8-4FF5-AED6-CA4909487D56.jpeg
    B66DE94F-E0E8-4FF5-AED6-CA4909487D56.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Top Bottom