Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wagyu Ribeye for dinner. Pics included.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
1lb 1" thick Wagyu Rib-eye.

I salted both sides and dry aged in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. (Dry Aging in refrigerator: Salted, put on a flat plate and flipped once at 12 hours)

I then wrapped the rib-eye in plastic wrap and left it in the refrigerator for another 24 hours. This is not necessary. Normally i would just cook it after the first 24 hours of dry aging.

I peppered the steak and cooked it in a 250 F oven to an internal temp of 105 F. (Took about 10 min) I removed the steak and wrapped in foil while I turned the oven up to 500 F.

When the oven was at temp I heated up a cast iron pan to smoking. Seared the steak on one side on the range for 2 min. Flipped the steak, and put the pan in the oven for another 2 min. Put the steak on a plate, cover with foil, and then let rest 10 min in the closed microwave.

Here is the dry aged ribeye. And the wine I opened to breath.

1.jpg

2.jpg

TJHall1

Legendary
so you had 1 steak. You did all of this solo?
tenor.gif

Icculus

Poster
Where was the steak from? Grade?

Looks great!

Also, I never put tin foil on my steak while it’s resting. You Don’t want it to continue cooking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom