Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vudu: a decent alternative to streaming services

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Vudu is a pretty cool platform that basically serves as a digital library for all the digital media you own outright.

You can connect your Vudu account to your Amazon, Apple and other accounts and source any digital media you own into your Vudu library. You also can connect to this platform called Movies Anywhere that is another similar tool to Vudu.

One of the coolest things Vudu offers is disk 2 digital conversion:

If you have a physical dvd/bluray copy of a movie you can use the d2d conversion and pay $2 to have it added to your Vudu library permanently.

I dropped several hundred the first couple weeks I learned about Vudu, but I've got a really nice library now with around 70-80 movies and I have the full season of The Office, Parks and Rec, Dr. Who and Adventure Time in my library

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Vudu is a pretty cool platform that basically serves as a digital library for all the digital media you own outright.

You can connect your Vudu account to your Amazon, Apple and other accounts and source any digital media you own into your Vudu library. You also can connect to this platform called Movies Anywhere that is another similar tool to Vudu.

One of the coolest things Vudu offers is disk 2 digital conversion:

If you have a physical dvd/bluray copy of a movie you can use the d2d conversion and pay $2 to have it added to your Vudu library permanently.

I dropped several hundred the first couple weeks I learned about Vudu, but I've got a really nice library now with around 70-80 movies and I have the full season of The Office, Parks and Rec, Dr. Who and Adventure Time in my library
Interesting. Do you know if they provide a stand alone app for smart tvs?

As an aside, off the top of your head do you know if there is a way to take music or movies you've bought within the Amazon or Google systems and save them as stand-alone files to be accessed outside of their players?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

As an aside, off the top of your head do you know if there is a way to take music or movies you've bought within the Amazon or Google systems and save them as stand-alone files to be accessed outside of their players?
Yeah its actually starting to show up on a lot of devices.

Their app isn't the best yet, but I can give them a pass because they are relatively new on the scene

Overwatch

Poster
Founder

I have a smart tv that’s around 4 years old. The remote has a Vudu button. It’s been around awhile.

Top Bottom