Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vets Working on VA Compensation

316what

Poster
Founder
I know there are a number of DoD Vets on the board. How many are looking for VA benefits or VA re-evals?

I just recently went through a re-eval via a private company and my VA disability compensation increased from 10% to 90%.

Definitely looking to pay it forward an help other Vets where I can.

Let me know if there’s interest and I can share the info on the company I used.

BLUF: I spent $5000 to get $2000 per month for the rest of my life.

honkforhagan

Poster
This fucking game is my least favorite thing about being a VA psychologist. My job is to offer help to people who are getting paid to stay unwell. Congrats to you personally but this system is the worst.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
This fucking game is my least favorite thing about being a VA psychologist. My job is to offer help to people who are getting paid to stay unwell. Congrats to you personally but this system is the worst.
Wow man talk about a fucked up situation

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
My disability is structural not anything to do with respiration, circulation, bodily function or disease. Passed my last physical with flying colors EKG, blood work, BP, chest x-ray and renal function all WNL. Do you consider me unwell?

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

If it wasn’t for VA treatment I would have lost my job, family, hell I might be dead. Since I got that help and I’m doing well does that mean I shouldn’t put in for a claim related to my TBI/anxiety/depression/PTSD?

If not how does doing so pay me to stay unwell?

honkforhagan

Poster
To the Vets above - like I said in my first post, I’m not trying to toss out any disrespect personally toward you or your situations. But the service connection system can also make my job much more difficult because many of my hours involve working with people who are scared that their check will get taken away if they dare to get ‘better.’ Only you guys know your true circumstances, so no judgment from me.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
To the Vets above - like I said in my first post, I’m not trying to toss out any disrespect personally toward you or your situations. But the service connection system can also make my job much more difficult because many of my hours involve working with people who are scared that their check will get taken away if they dare to get ‘better.’ Only you guys know your true circumstances, so no judgment from me.

That’s a valid point. Thank you for the context. We all know there are also those running around with 100% that don’t have shit wrong with them and will admit it in small circles.

316what

Poster
Founder

I get what you’re saying and can appreciate the tough position this system has put you in.

All of my rated disabilities are physical and permanent mainly dealing with my back and knees which have affected my quality of life over the past decade.

AMSO

Elite
Founder
I had a depressurization issue, damaged ear drum. If the vertigo doesnt get better, Ill be starting this process..

honkforhagan

Poster
I get what you’re saying and can appreciate the tough position this system has put you in.

All of my rated disabilities are physical and permanent mainly dealing with my back and knees which have affected my quality of life over the past decade.
With physical injuries like that, it makes sense to get a monthly check for life. Those conditions are not going to improve beyond a certain point. As a psychologist, I have a much tougher time viewing mental health the same way. I HAVE to approach my work with the belief that people can grow/change/improve, and sometimes that service connection can create a real barrier.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
I am interested in this information for my dad. Special forces in Vietnam (and Laos, and Cambodia). Has a number of physical limitations these days including serious hearing loss.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
There are combat/real cases and then there are the leeches

Know many who have never seen a battle, let alone foreign territory, worked exclusively desk jobs and collect

Know people who deserve it, got it and the free check has still ruined them

war is a racket and the VA system is just a symptom

Top Bottom