Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vets, This Is Our Day! Enjoy it.

mrt

Elite
Me Love U Long Time GI.......... right !

My-Headstone-for-the-future.jpg

Me-in-the-evening-after-returning-from-another-long-day-cleaning-the-guns.jpg

mrt

Elite
Pic #2. What is that?
XM21 system, mini guns. It took a while to have all 7 of our ships equipped with them. I think we were on the end of the food chain. The XM16 was the twin sixty mounts, pretty accurate but not as persuasive. In dry weather you could cut a hootch in half, wet weather not so much. The full load for both guns was about 3000 rounds or 1500 per side. The main controller was mounted in our stow compartment behind me, looked like a black suitcase. The gun selectors were mounted in the center console, you could select left or right or both. The rocket selectors were also mounted aside the gun controls. I have had bullets come thru the front floor around the pilot and into the console disabling the traverse of my right side gun, you could still fire the gun but it was frozen in an extreme right hand position and no return. It takes a while to register problems when your busy but a very dangerous thing for the trail ship to fly off to your right with a live mini pointing at him. I often think about all the dangers around us back then and it was mind boggling but you stayed so busy you never thought about such things. Nothing is more true than that old saying, "Keep Your Head On A Swivel". A non motivated person didn't last long ;0)

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
I sincerely thank and love every one of you.

And a very personal shout out to my sister and brother in law…both vets (and whose son, my only nephew and their only child, is active duty). ❤️

My sister cleared the first planes to Afghanistan. Her then future husband was on one of those planes along with more than a few friends. I can’t imagine the resolve. The fear. The loss. The focus. The pride. And doubling and tripling down.

They/Y'all got it done.

God bless y’all.

Last edited:

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
I joined in July of 98 and severed active until July of 02, most of those pics are from my Kosovo deployment from 2000-2001. I was a firefighter in the California Reserves from 02-04

So, I didn’t get there till 03. We missed each other, BUT you may know my best friend. A guy from B Co. who also went to Kosovo. You know a guy last name Sawyer?

Top Bottom