Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

US stops shipping radioactive material to Chyna

mrt

Elite
I'm sure the Russians would be more than happy to fill the void. My Battalion Headquarters was at Can Tho Vietnam in 1968. The Mekong river ran through the place and on the other side of the river was Bien Thuy. Only way to come across was by sampan or boat. About 30 years ago the Russkies built a nice beautiful bridge between the two. Just a few years ago the span near Can Tho collapsed and dropped into the river. I feel sure the engineering was sub par but to be fair to the Russkies, the river is awesome and mean, the current is probably like Baton Rouge and the Ms, a constant 35 mile an hour going out to the Gulf. I would also think the depth of the mud at the point it collapsed was partially the blame. I have a picture of the bridge and when I find it I'll post it. It looks very strange to see a bridge where we often were on final or coming out of the airfield.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I'm sure the Russians would be more than happy to fill the void. My Battalion Headquarters was at Can Tho Vietnam in 1968. The Mekong river ran through the place and on the other side of the river was Bien Thuy. Only way to come across was by sampan or boat. About 30 years ago the Russkies built a nice beautiful bridge between the two. Just a few years ago the span near Can Tho collapsed and dropped into the river. I feel sure the engineering was sub par but to be fair to the Russkies, the river is awesome and mean, the current is probably like Baton Rouge and the Ms, a constant 35 mile an hour going out to the Gulf. I would also think the depth of the mud at the point it collapsed was partially the blame. I have a picture of the bridge and when I find it I'll post it. It looks very strange to see a bridge where we often were on final or coming out of the airfield.
Thank you for your service! 🇺🇸

Latest posts

Top Bottom