Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

US Official: Russia likely to seize control of Donbas in weeks (link)....

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Last edited:

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I expected those areas to fall 2-3 days after the invasion started so if they are able to make it that long then the Ukrainians are doing a GREAT job!
bagdad-bob.jpg

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Probably a significantly less pro a Russian view point.

Most people accurately acknowledge Russia has lost the war in every way but with a signed treaty.

LOL, that is like saying the Germans won the Eastern Front after getting to the outskirts of Moscow.

That is ridiculous and is straight up propaganda.

You telling me if Russia takes everything east of the Dneiper and Odessa they have lost?

LOL, that is like saying the Germans won the Eastern Front after getting to the outskirts of Moscow.

That is ridiculous and is straight up propaganda.

You telling me if Russia takes everything east of the Dneiper and Odessa they have lost?
What you’re saying that is if the Russians occupy those territories then are winning when in fact it’s what the Germans did on the Eastern front by reaching the outskirts of Moscow.

The Russians needed to have the Ukrainian government collapse within a week of the invasion and have firm control of the whole country to be remotely on track to achieve their war goals. All that assumes that NATO is demanding peace, not expanding, not sanctioning Russia, and that the Russian economy would see a boost due to the new sea access as opposed to the hard collapse it’s on track for.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
What you’re saying that is if the Russians occupy those territories then are winning when in fact it’s what the Germans did on the Eastern front by reaching the outskirts of Moscow.

The Russians needed to have the Ukrainian government collapse within a week of the invasion and have firm control of the whole country to be remotely on track to achieve their war goals. All that assumes that NATO is demanding peace, not expanding, not sanctioning Russia, and that the Russian economy would see a boost due to the new sea access as opposed to the hard collapse it’s on track for.

LOL, the world has changed bro. China and Russia are in alliance. They are not going to collapse. This is not the 1990s.

We don't rule the world as a unipolar power anymore. We must learn to live within our means.

LOL, the world has changed bro. China and Russia are in alliance. They are not going to collapse. This is not the 1990s.

We don't rule the world as a unipolar power anymore. We must learn to live within our means.
China and Russia are not remotely close to being in an alliance and the Russia economy is on track to lose 11% of its GDP over the next 12 months.

If we can’t agree that’s an economic cliff then we aren’t going to be able to agree on anything. Just imagine if the US GDP dropped by over 10%!

Probably a significantly less pro a Russian view point.

Most people accurately acknowledge Russia has lost the war in every way but with a signed treaty.

What main stream media do you watch? Russia isn’t losing the war by any stretch. Would have been over a long long time ago if it wasn’t for the US supplying them while we struggle at home.

He believes what Fox News is telling him. No point in arguing with him. The fact he doesn’t think Russia and China are cultivating an alliance leads me to believe he’s clueless. Probably and olde as well with thinking Russia is the big bad Soviet Union boogey man.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
He believes what Fox News is telling him. No point in arguing with him. The fact he doesn’t think Russia and China are cultivating an alliance leads me to believe he’s clueless. Probably and olde as well with thinking Russia is the big bad Soviet Union boogey man.
I've pointed out in other threads on this topic that Russia & China have in recent years opened a major gas pipeline, a rail bridge, just last week the first road bridge connecting the two countries, and are about to begin construction of new pipelines through Mongolia into China. When they decide to build something it gets built. There are no years of permitting & studies. They just build.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
A rump state is the remnant of a once much larger state, left with a reduced territory in the wake of secession, annexation, occupation, decolonization, or a successful coup d'état or revolution on part of its former territory.[1] In the latter case, a government stops short of going into exile because it controls part of its former territory.
I’d agree. Russia will occupy Crimea and eastern Ukraine for years most likely.

The conflict will likely be hot for another 18-24 months then the ensuing civil war in the Russian occupied regions to see if Russia retains control.

I guess Ukraine could end up pushing the Russians back but I don’t see Ukraine gaining that sort of momentum or a Russian withdraw unless Putin’s health issues take him home.

Emma tenywa

Elite
I’d agree. Russia will occupy Crimea and eastern Ukraine for years most likely.

The conflict will likely be hot for another 18-24 months then the ensuing civil war in the Russian occupied regions to see if Russia retains control.

I guess Ukraine could end up pushing the Russians back but I don’t see Ukraine gaining that sort of momentum or a Russian withdraw unless Putin’s health issues take him home.
Civil war in Russian controlled east🤣🤣🤣🤣 firstly,the east is pro Russian. Secondly they see Russia as a liberator and thirdly if a civil does break out,it will be between the east and the west not the seceding east against itself

Top Bottom