Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Update: lexington ky trip review

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Saturday seeing Sheryl Crow, Willie Nelson and Chris Stapleton,,;;

Friday going to bet on the ponies at Keeneland?? Track.

I was hoping for Churchill Downs but the chick in charge of the trip says this place is nice and friendly to bet at.

Any other recs or feedback?

Going to tour a distillery or two also.

Last edited:

QuanChi

Elite
I’ve always wanted to go to the horse track. A fancy one in the summer time. I would bet on Chocobo races when I was younger, until I eventually just raced myself and moved up all the way to S-Class

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Are you all staying in Louisville and going to Lexington? All those events are in Lexington, not Louisville.

You will LOVE Keenland. If the weather is nice, the "talent" there will be unmatched. Long lines otherwise. I know zero about horses, so I just pick one and pray when betting.

Concert is at Kroger field in Lexington. Make sure you buy a shit ton of beer...our AD is going to see what beer sales for the concert to gauge making alcohol available for the games.

Any of the Bourbon Trail distilleries are a neat time, and you will see some beautiful countryside going there.

I'm the wrong person to ask about restaurant recs. I think Cracker Barrel is fine dining.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Always bet on black...... when crime is concerned
giphy.gif

also FIFY/

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Are you all staying in Louisville and going to Lexington? All those events are in Lexington, not Louisville.

You will LOVE Keenland. If the weather is nice, the "talent" there will be unmatched. Long lines otherwise. I know zero about horses, so I just pick one and pray when betting.

Concert is at Kroger field in Lexington. Make sure you buy a shit ton of beer...our AD is going to see what beer sales for the concert to gauge making alcohol available for the games.

Any of the Bourbon Trail distilleries are a neat time, and you will see some beautiful countryside going there.

I'm the wrong person to ask about restaurant recs. I think Cracker Barrel is fine dining.
Fvc. Im Stupid. Lexington…. Not louisville.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
I went to keenland on opening day about 8 years ago. Make sure you walk into the stable areas and warm up tracks. It looks off limit so no one goes back there.
When I was walking thru the stable areas I was approached by a race official and thought I was going to get kicked out. Well he said I was the only English speaker and wanted to know where some horse stable was to inspect the horse.. lol.

Anyway we also spent a day going to woodford reserve, and also buffalo trace tours.

Also spend one night in Shaker village. It’s corny but also interesting.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Weekend review. The vrbo we had was great. Heres the view from google earth: nothing but grass and cows and horses. 030590B7-D46F-42BE-9918-73B9B4A6086C.jpeg

Keeneland race track is a new favorite. We paid for reserved seating but the GA area is anything goes. Dudes ripping heaters and $10 beers and $20 drinks, girls with their asses hanging out and day drunk.

i paid $20 for an old fashioned that was roughly 10 oz.

898DD8B4-9603-49C1-AE82-31475867B68F.jpeg

Won some money on a horse named Jelly Nougat. Then lost a large amount on the next 6 races.,

the Stapleton show at Kroger Field at UK was great. For 88 willie nelson can still sing. Sheryl Crow is smoking Hot fo r60.

stapleton is a true country guy. roughly 60k folks there

F90DEE9B-D51B-40A5-9E61-15A4B0B5AF2A.jpeg

Our seats were in BFE but it was aweome.

no more 7 hour drives for me,… im flying in next time

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Went to Lexington once. Had to pull my gun on a dude trying to break in to our motel 8 methed out room. Left and got a room attached to Rupp arena. Marriott i think. In general I thought Lexington sucked. Way too many dry counties for a successful booze filled football trip.

The look on the burglars face when he saw my Ruger 40 was priceless.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Glad to hear you had a good time. Keeneland will get you smacked by your significant other if you're not careful. There's a TON of pretty ladies there and they ain't afraid to show it off, especially with how nice the weather was over the weekend. You're doing yourself a disservice if you're ever in Kentucky in the spring or fall and don't make a meet.

If we could just get our state government to legalize weed and sports gambling, this place would truly be Heaven on Earth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom