Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Underrated/underappreciated movies

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Watching this flick the other day reminded me how little love this one gets, compared to most of Tarantino's other movies. For me, it is right up there with Pulp Fiction at the top.

What are some of your favorite movies, that don't get enough love?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Kill Bill, both volumes. Easily his best movie(s) that somehow never seem to get the credit they deserve.

Great movies, but I do prefer Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, myself...possibly The Hateful 8 as well.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Just watched Revenge of the Nerds tonight. Have watched it many times, but it’s been a long time. Laughed the whole way through. Smoke helped no doubt, but got damn it is a funny movie.

I laugh every time at the javelin being designed to go along with Lamar's limp-wristed throwing style.

SoupyPertinentAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Road to Perdition
Shot Caller
Hell or High Water
End of Watch
Fuck yeah on Road to Perdition. Another one I thought when I saw this thread.

Haven’t seen the other three you have listed

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I wanted to say Layer Cake, but I wasn't sure if I was glorifying it from my younger days. Just finished watching it again and can confirm it belongs in this thread.

Many great lines, but one is "If you want peace, prepare for war"

View attachment 5548

That is a famous quote (or some version of it) from some old Roman general. It is also where Georg Luger came up with the name for his 9mm round, the 9mm parabellum.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

9Mounties07

Elite
Watching this flick the other day reminded me how little love this one gets, compared to most of Tarantino's other movies. For me, it is right up there with Pulp Fiction at the top.

What are some of your favorite movies, that don't get enough love?
GI Jane

Top Bottom