Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tua with 3rd concussion of the year. What is the record?

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
Why is he so prone to smashing his head against the ground like that? You don’t see other quarterbacks doing that repeatedly
As a Phins fan, that was my exact same question today after seeing that. This dude has the worst luck, and should call it quits. I'm sure he has a nice insurance plan and has made some good coin.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Seems like the linemen are knocking helmets on each play. So are RBs and the other 21 players. They all routinely have their heads hits repeatedly. Only the QB is protected. QBs appear to lead the league in concussions. Maybe the NFL rules committee should let the QBs get hit on every play and there would be less concussions by being used to getting hit. Take their dresses off too.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Seems like the linemen are knocking helmets on each play. So are RBs and the other 21 players. They all routinely have their heads hits repeatedly. Only the QB is protected. QBs appear to lead the league in concussions. Maybe the NFL rules committee should let the QBs get hit on every play and there would be less concussions by being used to getting hit. Take their dresses off too.
Something we call in boxing (fight sports) punch resistance. Football hit resistance

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Something we call in boxing (fight sports) punch resistance. Football hit resistance
Weight lifting poses similar problems. They get these players so taut that there is little flexibility particularly in their joints. Rather than getting an ACL or MCL or Achilles sprain, the ligaments just snap requiring surgery, many months rehab and sometimes their career ends. Prior to bulking up the injury was a couple of weeks rest and they were good to go.

Put the players back in leather helmets without face masks and there would be less head and neck injuries and certainly no targeting.

byrons

Poster
Man, I'd hate to see the NFLs version of flag football. They need to get this issue taken care of soon or that's where we'll end up. Hard for both players and fans to have key players sitting on the bench but the issue is very serious for long term health.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
I'm pretty sure any QB who played before the late 90s got multiple a year. Troy Aikman was a statue and took some of the most vicious hits to the head I can remember.

At the end of the day the reason football is so popular is because of the physicality of the sport. Deep down you want to see these guys knock the piss out of each other. They sacrifice their brain for millions of dollars and our entertainment, which to me is a fair trade considering most NFL players would be working class citizens without an education if not for football.

Troy Aikman would be managing a McDonald's in Henrietta, Oklahoma right now if he didn't play football. Now he's a hall of famer, 3 Super Bowls, ridiculous TV contract, and has probably banged hundreds of 8+'s. So he'll die 10-15 years early, totally worth it IMO.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I'm pretty sure any QB who played before the late 90s got multiple a year. Troy Aikman was a statue and took some of the most vicious hits to the head I can remember.

At the end of the day the reason football is so popular is because of the physicality of the sport. Deep down you want to see these guys knock the piss out of each other. They sacrifice their brain for millions of dollars and our entertainment, which to me is a fair trade considering most NFL players would be working class citizens without an education if not for football.

Troy Aikman would be managing a McDonald's in Henrietta, Oklahoma right now if he didn't play football. Now he's a hall of famer, 3 Super Bowls, ridiculous TV contract, and has probably banged hundreds of 8+'s. So he'll die 10-15 years early, totally worth it IMO.
Bullshit. he would be at least Chick-fil-A material.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
This is all BULLSHIT. Chris Miller had like 17 per season for the Falcons back in the day. Also, Farve is correct here as we "now" know that once you get the 1st, the next are far easier to get.

Please QUIT posting the Chris N FAGGIT as he is a total BITCH.

Tua needs to retire b/c he is a typical Soft Ass Bama QB!

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
I doubt he had over 1000, but I also doubt he knows exactly how many he had.
Hang on......so if I follow you correctly, Yore saying he doesn't know how often he was concussed?

True, He may not remember them all BUT I'm pretty sure he would know more than any doctors. Tua had to tell them he had a headache and symptoms. Farve would know if he wake up during the week with headaches and memory loss. The 1000 seems like alot BUT in those days, practices were more violent than alot games so who really knows....

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Top Bottom