Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truth bomb

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
So question. I just retired from the Army and am currently in school right now to become a teacher....I know, why the fuck would I want to do that. That’s another convo. Anywoo, what’s the alternative to school if I want to pursue that career path? Get a teaching certificate and just start applying at high schools? I’m genuinely asking this, bc if I didn’t have to go to school I wouldn’t.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So question. I just retired from the Army and am currently in school right now to become a teacher....I know, why the fuck would I want to do that. That’s another convo. Anywoo, what’s the alternative to school if I want to pursue that career path? Get a teaching certificate and just start applying at high schools? I’m genuinely asking this, bc if I didn’t have to go to school I wouldn’t.
There is not an alternative really. The system basically forces you into getting a diploma

Although to some degree I agree with OP's post. Problem is a there is just so much info out there that it's impossible to know what is pertinent without someone pointing you in the right direction

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder

We all know... no need to play coy. Teenage p@sy of course.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
If ur any good with computers at all, look into getting IT certs. For like $100 a pop you take courses in cloud architecture, programming, development, yada yada yada, and you get a certification badge you can put on linkedin. Get one from Google, AWS, Azure, etc. and other cloud providers. At minimum you can secure an IT sales job which you really don’t need to know the stuff as much as you think you do, or at best you realize you have a calling for it and become a solutions engineer immediatley and pull in 200k starting

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Daughter just graduated from tOSU with double major in Finace and Logistics. Got a job before she graduated.

My son is a freshman at Michigan State and will major in Supply Chain Management.

I can see some slight liberal indoctrination in my daughter, but my son is red blooded MAGA.

My point is that while I don’t consider my investment in my kids’ education to be a waste, I am definitely not opposed to encouraging trade schools and some JUCO degrees that translate to great jobs.

The cost of college today is atrocious- especially since the current students are being robbed of the experience, as Musk indicated. That portion of the four years is so important to growing up.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Daughter just graduated from tOSU with double major in Finace and Logistics. Got a job before she graduated.

My son is a freshman at Michigan State and will major in Supply Chain Management.

I can see some slight liberal indoctrination in my daughter, but my son is red blooded MAGA.

My point is that while I don’t consider my investment in my kids’ education to be a waste, I am definitely not opposed to encouraging trade schools and some JUCO degrees that translate to great jobs.

The cost of college today is atrocious- especially since the current students are being robbed of the experience, as Musk indicated. That portion of the four years is so important to growing up.

Sound like smart kids...picked very good majors.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

It's still a good sign when someone can show enough commitment to make it through something for 4 years.

ajcgn

Poster
40470D97-D7D1-48D4-BA4A-E94067468A8F.jpeg

Top Bottom