Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Top Gun Question

skramer100

Elite
Founder
So I am watching the original. The big scene where Nav goes after Jester he leaves Hollywood. Always thought he left Ice. So Hollywood's contribution to the movie is essentially getting shot down. How the fuck did that guy get into Top Gun. Ice laughs at him getting killed, then Mav ditches him and he gets killed, cause the guy who kills Mav killed Hollywood, then in the big fight scene at the end, a minute in Hollywood gets shot down. That dude sucks balls.

So I am watching the original. The big scene where Nav goes after Jester he leaves Hollywood. Always thought he left Ice. So Hollywood's contribution to the movie is essentially getting shot down. How the fuck did that guy get into Top Gun. Ice laughs at him getting killed, then Mav ditches him and he gets killed, cause the guy who kills Mav killed Hollywood, then in the big fight scene at the end, a minute in Hollywood gets shot down. That dude sucks balls.
sure

IrishinOC

Poster
Hollywood was looking good. Maverick wanted Viper. It was some of the best flying Jester had seen yet. Right up until the part Mav got killed. You never ever leave your wingman.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Hollywood was looking good. Maverick wanted Viper. It was some of the best flying Jester had seen yet. Right up until the part Mav got killed. You never ever leave your wingman.
But does that rule still apply to Hollywood. Dude only gets shot down, Just send him up as a distraction? Was he high the entire time they were teaching? If he is a commercial pilot I am getting off the plane.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Why though? Technically speaking cougar was a better pilot than Maverick. I figure he’s an underdog fan favorite. But Hollywood?
Maverick was a known wild card. Flew by the seat of his pants type of guy. My type tbh. Reminds me of myself. And yes Holly Would was shitty. Seems he came from the Army side of aviation. I think after his stint at top gun they eliminated the Army from sending pilots. That's what I heard.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Mav didnt get killed tho. Went below the hard deck, and got Jester, but left his wing man.
Just like when they got the inverted 5g polaroid at 1.5-2 meters. I wished, since I was 8 yrs old, that Mav would have just told Icehole the mig that cougar was dealing with was the one they were taking pictures of. I kept asking my dad why doesnt maverick just tell them. Cougar was ok bc they were on the mig. Damn man.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Hollywood also gets at least two hard ons, of which he lets Wolfman know both times I believe.
F Im dying. I always thought when mav and goose were in the locker room and they said "hard Deck my ass" we nailed him. That shit threw my mind into a cyclone. I couldnt process all that.
Now I know he was saying F the hard deck bla bla.

sanction

Legendary
Founder
Jester was a pussy who ran below the hard deck cause he
was afraid. Mav nailed his ass anyway.

Little known fact. Jester was Penny Benjamin’s uncle and he
had a deep seated hatred for Maverick because of the flyover he did of the Admirals daughter (Penny).

However, that hatred was over ridden by his fear of the best
fighter pilot in the world.

Last edited:

sanction

Legendary
Founder
Mav didnt get killed tho. Went below the hard deck, and got Jester, but left his wing man.
Just like when they got the inverted 5g polaroid at 1.5-2 meters. I wished, since I was 8 yrs old, that Mav would have just told Icehole the mig that cougar was dealing with was the one they were taking pictures of. I kept asking my dad why doesnt maverick just tell them. Cougar was ok bc they were on the mig. Damn man.
Cougar was holding on too tight-TO ICEMAN-Cougars old
lady had found naked pics of Ice and Cougar and was
threatening to blow the whole thing up.

Mav knew cause he had of course banged Cougars wife back in the day but he kept quiet due to his sense of honor.

IrishinOC

Poster
Watch the movie again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom