Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Throwback Thursday: “The Kid” Ken Griffey Jr.

OTD Sports

Elite

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
From '91 to 2001 he had hall of fame stats. I live in Louisville, and we have a Cincy farm team, so we are basically a Reds town. We always got clips and stats of Griffey. They would show hr's and rbis for certain points of his career compared to other HOF'ers and he was always near the top... until the injuries.

If he just had 6 injury free years at the Reds he'd be considered one of the best ever.

I moved to WA st. in 99 and got to see one of his final games. Even though three of the greatest to ever do it left Seattle in Arod, Griffey and the big Unit in 3 consecutive years 98-00, they were able to assemble the greatest regular season team in MLB history with Ichiro, Boone, John Olerud, Edgar Martinez, Mike Cameron, Dan Wilson, The Chief, Jamie Moyer, Paul Abbot, Sele, and more I can't remember oh yeah Macklemore.

It's quite insane they were able to dump three HOF's and produce the GOAT reg. team within one season after they were all gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom