Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The three phrases on the porch entrance to the Oracle of Delphi

casfoto

Poster
....Know thyself...Nothing in Excess, and Suriey Brings Ruin. When I see Obamas VP continue on the war path and add another excess of funds for the militarty I can see financial ruin ahead. Its like a vast black hole that consumes trillions and produces products that are not working properly .e oveerruns on the F35 and Navy ships that require constant maintenance...I wonder if we are doing the right thing. I support a strong military but not a bureacracy that has no boundries. Did not the GAO come out saying that there has been $21 Trillion that has dissapeared into the ether with no recepits from the Department of Defence and HUD. Can we stop this insanity. ?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
....Know thyself...Nothing in Excess, and Suriey Brings Ruin. When I see Obamas VP continue on the war path and add another excess of funds for the militarty I can see financial ruin ahead. Its like a vast black hole that consumes trillions and produces products that are not working properly .e oveerruns on the F35 and Navy ships that require constant maintenance...I wonder if we are doing the right thing. I support a strong military but not a bureacracy that has no boundries. Did not the GAO come out saying that there has been $21 Trillion that has dissapeared into the ether with no recepits from the Department of Defence and HUD. Can we stop this insanity. ?
I mean.....with the theft in Iraq and known funding of ISIS....do you really expect receipts? Hell, the midnight IRAN flight (s) with pallets wasn’t supposed to be known. Can you imagine (filer write $400 Billion to fund world terrorism! 🤣)
Don’t get me wrong....These People Are Stupid....but that just ridiculous.🤣👍🤣

BUT I AGREE with your premise here!

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
The only problem is they don't spend more.

Make it 10% of GDP and bring that production home where it should be.

Quit being able to sell 'threats'. Spend enough and recruit enough to take that all away.

casfoto

Poster
After reading L. Fletcher Prouty's book I now understand completely. I lived in the Philippines from 1951 to 1955 and then in SaTin British sector (China) for several years. My Dad was CIA and now I know what happened. (As he said nothing). My sister was born in the American Hospital in Manilla. Her God Father was Raymon Magsaysay's brother. Raymon was a hero during the battle of Corrigador and Dads group had him elected. I remeber the ticker tape parade of his winning as they marched down Dewey BLVD. But that was just a little bit of the story. I am well aware of the spending and the giant cash register that keeps this deal going. ..it is far deeper than we know.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
There is no insanity to stop. Was the Genovese family insane? No. Was Al Capone insane? No. Do you remember Willie Sutton the bank robber? He wasn't insane. After he was arrested and being led into the jail a reporter shouted a question - "Why do you rob banks?" And Willie shouted back - "Because that's where the money is!"

Why is there unbridled corruption in the military industrial complex? BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE MONEY IS!

As long as there is money, we will have criminals that steal it. And the larger the amount of money to steal - the smarter the criminal is who steals it.
You won't find a good ole' boy walking around with a briefcase with a Swiss numbered account for 65mm. No sir. They're stealing 6 packs. We're taking about the most sophisticated criminal organizations to ever exist on the face of this willing whore of a planet.

We only get to read about criminals that are stupid - they get caught. But the criminals that @casfoto is talking about are extremely intelligent and have a network that allows them to steal billions of dollars and have it called "R&D" - and to borrow a common refrain from the Great One (Rush Limbaugh) I'll say "for the folks listening from Rio Linda that "research & development."

And guess what?
There's more! The F-35 is known as America's dysfunctional trillion dollar fighter jet program. My oh my! And the Navy's Littoral Combat Ship is another made-to-order debacle that has been so costly it is impossible to calculate just exactly how much did go down casfoto black hole. And guess what the catch phrase is? Yep - old reliable - R&D! Ever read a 126 page document filled with excuses? Sit in with the joint chiefs of staff. (Why do you think those poor bastards end up having slobber wiped from their lip in a hospital for the INSANE!) And to no one's surprise, NO committee was able to determine just exactly how much was spent in actual "R&D" before the program was scuttled. Time to move on and split the spoils.

One fun and somewhat reliable gauge of how much of our defense dollars are stolen each year is to count the new yachts commissioned by the nouveau riche (defense contractors and arms dealers) from the world's leading yachts builder - Feadship (Netherlands) and how many new villas are purchased in Monte Carlo. Life is good when you followed the money all the way to the top!

Another round boys, and it's on me!

Last edited:

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
There is no insanity to stop. Was the Genovese family insane? No. Was Al Capone insane? No. Do you remember Willie Sutton the bank robber? He wasn't insane. After he was arrested and being led into the jail a reporter shouted a question - "Why do you rob banks?" And Willie shouted back - "Because that's where the money is!"

Why is there unbridled corruption in the military industrial complex? BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE MONEY IS!

As long as there is money, we will have criminals that steal it. And the larger the amount of money to steal - the smarter the criminal is who steals it.
You won't find a good ole' boy walking around with a briefcase with a Swiss numbered account for 65mm. No sir. They're stealing 6 packs. We're taking about the most sophisticated criminal organizations to ever exist on the face of this willing whore of a planet.

We only get to read about criminals that are stupid - they get caught. But the criminals that @casfoto is talking about are extremely intelligent and have a network that allows them to steal billions of dollars and have it called "R&D" - and to borrow a common refrain from the Great One (Rush Limbaugh) I'll say "for the folks listening from Rio Linda that "research & development."

And guess what?
There's more! The F-35 is known as America's dysfunctional trillion dollar fighter jet program. My oh my! And the Navy's Littoral Combat Ship is another made-to-order debacle that has been so costly it is impossible to calculate just exactly how much did go down casfoto black hole. And guess what the catch phrase is? Yep - old reliable - R&D! Ever read a 126 page document filled with excuses? Sit in with the joint chiefs of staff. (Why do you think those poor bastards end up having slobber wiped from their lip in a hospital for the INSANE!) And to no one's surprise, NO committee was able to determine just exactly how much was spent in actual "R&D" before the program was scuttled. Time to move on and split the spoils.

One fun and somewhat reliable gauge of how much of our defense dollars are stolen each year is to count the new yachts commissioned by the nouveau riche (defense contractors and arms dealers) from the world's leading yachts builder - Feadship (Netherlands) and how many new villas are purchased in Monte Carlo. Life is good when you followed the money all the way to the top!

iu

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

And guess what?

Yeah but this is one of the reasons I love working defense. I love the tech and I know how to take advantage of the system and profit off it. Nothing illegal, just business development hustle.

When I worked for the government, you win and move up the chain by spending money. Doesn’t matter if the technology is developed - burn the money and you’re a hero. I said fuck that and moved to contractor so I can help my government guys succeed in burning their money on my team. But we actually are super salty technical and get a shitload of work done, but I still work that system

casfoto

Poster

And guess what?

Totally true. F35 can't take off in an electrical storm??? what? The new Navy ship that has gone over budget in millions upon millions still has problems and has to return to port. I am not impressed. We need to re think this whole thing. Dont get me wrong...I want a strong military but not at the expense of sinking the vessel that carries it. Thats us!

casfoto

Poster
Yeah but this is one of the reasons I love working defense. I love the tech and I know how to take advantage of the system and profit off it. Nothing illegal, just business development hustle.

When I worked for the government, you win and move up the chain by spending money. Doesn’t matter if the technology is developed - burn the money and you’re a hero. I said fuck that and moved to contractor so I can help my government guys succeed in burning their money on my team. But we actually are super salty technical and get a shitload of work done, but I still work that system
And that is understandable. But we are the point of no return. Trees dont grow to the sky. We are at that point when I hear that fat head Blinkin talk about our values and how others should bow down to us...I want to throw up. Surety brings destruction. How many times in history has that been proven? How would you like it to be one of our Air Force Pilots getting into combat not feeling totally 100 % if it will do what it is supposed to do.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

And guess what?

So when I left the government, my title was Deputy Capability Area Lead for Air Defense. This was for the Air Defense S&T community of the entire Army. Yeah not a single thing of value was developed lol.

And I would go in to meetings and call those Senior Scientist fucksticks out for the bullshit. Specifically this one guy - that was VERY close to the top of the food chain for the entire Army S&T community.

I watched him treat people like shit all day, one dude literally passed out from pressure. I got up there to brief my shit and I was ready for that fuck to come at me. He said something and I laid the fuck into him. He said “we can’t do that”. I was like mother fucker let’s walk down the hall and I’ll show you. He wouldn’t because some cuck think tank said we couldn’t. I can’t go in to detail but this shit is costing us billions right now.

So I called him out. And the head over all the missile S&T (we were air defense subdivided under missile) would not stand up for me even though he knew I was right. He took the senior scientist side. The Brig General wouldn’t even look me in the eye.

I knew it was all a joke that day. I was there to try and solve the hardest of the hard problems, but they just wanted to protect their budgets. Fuck em all. I’ve seen the same shit with the Air Force and at MIT. And Lockheed Martin is a fuckin joke these days at least on the program I work.

If I had 1/10th of their budget I could build that shit in my garage in a few months if I had my team

Latest posts

Top Bottom