Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The mysterious Little People of Native American lore

AC2020

Elite
Founder
Weird thing about this is, I know several Native Americans who otherwise are reasonable that swear to their existence.

The story I've heard (from people like my great grandmother who was full Indian and others) is that if the little people like you they can be of great help. If they don't like you, they can cause a lot of trouble. Things turn up missing, mechanical things constantly break etc.

1612285328971.png
1612285364611.png
1612285382286.png
1612285399116.png

My great grandmother believed.

Last edited:

SoonerMD09

Elite
p16956_p_v13_ad.jpg

MikeHunt78

Poster
Weird thing about this is, I know several Native Americans who otherwise are reasonable that swear to their exitance.

The story I've heard (from people like my great grandmother who was full Indian and others) is that if the little people like you they can be of great help. If they don't like you, they can cause a lot of trouble. Things turn up missing, mechanical things constantly break etc.

View attachment 5141
View attachment 5142
View attachment 5143
View attachment 5144

My great grandmother believed.
ObedientPrestigiousGenet-size_restricted.gif

orng_blud

Legendary
Founder
Similar stories in Hawai'i - referred to as 'menehune...'
Menehune are a mythological dwarf people in Hawaiian tradition who are said to live in the deep forests and hidden valleys of the Hawaiian Islands, hidden and far away from human settlements.

The Menehune are described as superb craftspeople. They built temples (heiau), fishponds, roads, canoes, and houses. Some of these structures that Hawaiian folklore attributed to the Menehune still exist. They are said to have lived in Hawaiʻi before settlers arrived from Polynesia many centuries ago. Their favorite food is the maiʻa (banana), and they also like fish. Legend has it that the Menehune will only appear during night hours, in order to build masterpieces. But if they fail to complete their work in the length of the night, they will leave it unoccupied. No one but their children and humans connected to them, are able to see the Menehune.

Top Bottom