Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The End (of everything) is nigh: La Palma ultra volcano/ Mega Tsunami general

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder
Mass extinction is best case scenario. Say goodbye to this world and let’s go to God

Mass extinction seems a little far fetched? If the side of the mtn falls into the ocean it is going to do some serious damage to africa and east coast but mass extinction? This thing is not as big as yellowstone is it ? meaning whats under ground

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Doesn’t look like this board is following this. The end of the world it upon us.

Live look: https://rtvc.es/en-directo/

Volcano details: https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/lapalma/sep2021seismic-crisis/current-activity.html

Seismic activity: https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/la-palma-earthquakes.html?refresh

Drone footage from new vents:

Interactive map:

Shield cone height: 2426 m or 7959.318ft tall
Lava Extension: ~709 ha
Homes destroyed: ~946
Buildings destroyed: ~1000
Ash extension: ~4,819 ha
Smoke column: ~5,3km
People evacuated: ~13.7k
Lava Squirted: 86 million m3
So2 emitted: ~16.380 t/day

Wiki on Flood Basalts (the actual mechanism): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_basalt

I wonder if the climate activists will tax volcanic eruptions. Volcanos put more co2 in the atmosphere than all of human history combined

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Could Satan be making a doorway to the surface of the earth for his minions? They have much work to do in claiming their own from the face of this earth. I believe that the hearts that are true to God can rest in peace, for He knows all their names. I'd love to have a look at that list.
I think you are right. I’ve been playing a lot of Diablo 2 so I know how to kill the Devil and Baal

TJHall1

Legendary
Mass extinction seems a little far fetched? If the side of the mtn falls into the ocean it is going to do some serious damage to africa and east coast but mass extinction? This thing is not as big as yellowstone is it ? meaning whats under ground
I can't even imagine it affecting the east coast. Is that concrete or is someone full of shit?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I can't even imagine it affecting the east coast. Is that concrete or is someone full of shit?
The Atlantic coast isn't in danger of slipping. The closest plates for tectonics is at the ledge 60-80of chucktown coast.
Cali could drop.
The earthly events are in no way driven by man and never have been. We are miniscule to this planet.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Worst case would be about half the state gets flooded and southern GA gets kilt. Fl would be completely covered. What is the avg elevation in the state? 100' to 150' wave is looking like worst case.

I’m in deep so central & from low high in our county we go from about 125 to 250. Counties east of here to the coast though........

Pineapple

Legendary

9FRQa.OvCc-small-Guam-Reaches-the-Tipping-Po.jpg

I’m sarcastic.

Timefighter

Poster
I think the worry is no longer the tsunami, they said the chunk would break off into smaller pieces and no one large one. The great worry now is that this is a flood basalt eruption since there is so much lava. Much worse then a tsunami

Jtrain80

Legendary
I think the worry is no longer the tsunami, they said the chunk would break off into smaller pieces and no one large one. The great worry now is that this is a flood basalt eruption since there is so much lava. Much worse then a tsunami

How is the flood basalt eruption worse?

Being genuine, never heard that term.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Are you kidding me? The only reason volcanos erupt is because we eat too many steaks and fart too much.

;)
Dr. Carl Sagan Jr. It's a terrible thing to let a mind go to waste. You need to work for NOAH as an analyst.

Top Bottom