Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The dems are introducing the "Expand the Supreme Court" bill right now.

CurtOFD78

Elite
This is concerning to say the least.

They are saying that they need to add 4 seats.

And here we go!

Npklee

Elite
Steve Deace made an interesting point, although I am not sure I agree. Basically he said a move like this would make the Supreme Court irrelevant. Nobody would now take their rulings seriously. Said Red States should at that point just say "No thanks" to their rulings. We would be in new waters on that as nobody truly knows what would happen should a state say we see your ruling and we don't care.

The problem with this line of thinking is that I am not sure if any Republican state has the political capital and stones to actually follow through with this. The logic behind it seems to be one where we accelerate towards an inevitable clash instead of slowly descend into it.

Npklee

Elite
The Dems really have no policy ideas because Trump trolled them into Bolivia. And it’s not like the current court is much of a bulwark on the leftist deep state insanity
4 is an interesting number they picked. Because it is technically 6-3 now (lol with Roberts). So it would make it 7-6 where Roberts vote doesn’t matter. Neither side trusts him. A bit ironic they picked 4 and not 2.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
This is just dumb. When Desantis wins in 2024 and the Rs keep the house and Senate, just add 50 to it. All this does is make everything less meaningful. Think this will lead to secession. Florida and Texas first. Would not be at all surprised to see Cali, Oregon and Washington follow suit. Country is just too different now.

scanodd

Poster
Founder
Steve Deace made an interesting point, although I am not sure I agree. Basically he said a move like this would make the Supreme Court irrelevant. Nobody would now take their rulings seriously. Said Red States should at that point just say "No thanks" to their rulings. We would be in new waters on that as nobody truly knows what would happen should a state say we see your ruling and we don't care.

The problem with this line of thinking is that I am not sure if any Republican state has the political capital and stones to actually follow through with this. The logic behind it seems to be one where we accelerate towards an inevitable clash instead of slowly descend into it.
States defy federal law now. Look at sanctuary states and marijuana laws.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Basically if I were a patient globalist I'd pass all of this bull shit and then give the pubs the house/senate plus some generic Pub Prez

Let the air out, allow temporary reform to the good, then blast away from 2026 onward

They may not give a fuck and just plow through

Sons of Noah with the ultimate high ground and a little beauty called the 2nd Amendmemt...

Jtrain80

Legendary
States defy federal law now. Look at sanctuary states and marijuana laws.

Exactly. Should be our blue print for fixing this once great nation.

When Oklahoma voted on legalizing, the old lady working the poll said that," if as many people cared about our country as they do that marijuana, we could solve alot of problems". She said that by 10 am, twice as many people voted as the last election.

scanodd

Poster
Founder
Exactly. Should be our blue print for fixing this once great nation.

When Oklahoma voted on legalizing, the old lady working the poll said that," if as many people cared about our country as they do that marijuana, we could solve alot of problems". She said that by 10 am, twice as many people voted as the last election.
I have heard/hope that when Biden enacts his gun control measures that Governor Abbott will declare Texas a 2nd Amendment sanctuary state and hope other governors follow suit.
The dems are trying everything they can do to ruin our country before 2022 when hopefully they lose total power. I hope there are at least a couple of dems who will stand up to this ridiculous bs.

Jtrain80

Legendary
I have heard/hope that when Biden enacts his gun control measures that Governor Abbott will declare Texas a 2nd Amendment sanctuary state and hope other governors follow suit.
The dems are trying everything they can do to ruin our country before 2022 when hopefully they lose total power. I hope there are at least a couple of dems who will stand up to this ridiculous bs.

It's our only legal way, and Missouri has already jumped on board.

This is where our state representatives live, they dont want a bunch of silliness in their backyards.

Top Bottom