Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Batman is done filming

Teddy Jack

Elite
Man I caught so much shit on tMB for telling people that while his performance was off the charts, that he didn’t play the actual joker. I was just trying to fuck around but evidently saying that pisses a lot of people off.

But if you know the character, he doesn’t play the Joker.
I won’t argue. I never read the comics much. But I do appreciate the intentions of trying to keep things with original material. Probably the most “original” joker is know is the Batman killing joke cartoon. I have no clue how ledgers joker stacks up against original content. But I definitely appreciated the angle.

If you know the comics, how would you say the joker ‘should’ be played? I’d like to read your take on the villain. I wonder if Reaves is going to add him. I keep reading the court of owls may be in store as I think it will be a trilogy with Pattinson.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Man I caught so much shit on tMB for telling people that while his performance was off the charts, that he didn’t play the actual joker. I was just trying to fuck around but evidently saying that pisses a lot of people off.

But if you know the character, he doesn’t play the Joker.

Yeah, it was clockwork orange. But man was it awesome. My favorite villain on screen too

Teddy Jack

Elite
I’m gonna leave this here. I am beyond excited about the way this movie was made. I’ll admit I’m a big Batman nerd. I also realize people may be tired of Batman with Nolan’s trilogy recently. Reaves version will be different. There was a screening a few nights ago and here are some of the key takeaways with no spoilers.

Batman narrating is amazing. (Giving the more noir feel Reaves is going for)

SoonerMD09

Elite
As I get older I am more and more a fan of DC and less that of Marvel.

The flawed antihero protagonist and writing make DC superior, imo.

Watching Titans on HBO max is a decent example of why I prefer them over the Mary sue marvel ultra mega superheros.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I’m gonna leave this here. I am beyond excited about the way this movie was made. I’ll admit I’m a big Batman nerd. I also realize people may be tired of Batman with Nolan’s trilogy recently. Reaves version will be different. There was a screening a few nights ago and here are some of the key takeaways with no spoilers.

Batman narrating is amazing. (Giving the more noir feel Reaves is going for)

I’ll look at this in a bit. But when it comes to wealthy, extremely smart and talented people, I never get tired of it. I root for my super powerful friends all of the time. I love when people succeed.

That’s why IronMan and Batman are >>>>> all and I’m not even a comic book guy.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
No worries man. This is only a little bit of the stuff that’s out there but it’s really exciting to see the direction they are going in. We’re a little less than a year until it hits the big screen.
At first I was very disappointed in the Robert Pattinson selection. But that dude can act, I've seen him in a few other rolls (after selection) other than the vampire faggit and I've scene these teasers.

I'm with you dude, this looks very promising. I'm a big Batman fan as well, and it would be awesome to top the Bale / Nolan films.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
At first I was very disappointed in the Robert Pattinson selection. But that dude can act, I've seen him in a few other rolls (after selection) other than the vampire faggit and I've scene these teasers.

I'm with you dude, this looks very promising. I'm a big Batman fan as well, and it would be awesome to top the Bale / Nolan films.
I actually think he beats everyone as Batman just like Hamill as the best Joker.

Ben is still the best Bruce Wayne.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
I actually think he beats everyone as Batman just like Hamill as the best Joker.

Ben is still the best Bruce Wayne.
Haha bro, I would never of thought about video game Batman. I've played Arkham Knight and funny.. I always thought that was a badass joker. Good call!

Teddy Jack

Elite
Not interested in some Hollywood marketing plant hyping up another Batman origin film.
It’s not an origin film. Reaves has said this many times. It’s Batman 2 years in heavily influenced by comics Ego and Batman year one. Ego for sure because it goes to the psychological profile of Batman/Bruce Wayne and delves into his inner conflict and depression.

Cooper

Elite
Founder
I know several are tired of Batman, but I truly believe Reaves is going to reinvent what we all think about the character by bringing in the original detective stories. Just wanted to share as I’m crazy excited about this film.

And for those who haven’t seen the trailer, enjoy.

That sounds like a cool movie.

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
As I get older I am more and more a fan of DC and less that of Marvel.

The flawed antihero protagonist and writing make DC superior, imo.

Watching Titans on HBO max is a decent example of why I prefer them over the Mary sue marvel ultra mega superheros.
I'm a big fan of Barry Switzer smoking a pack of cig on the sidelines like a chimney in the middle of January.

Top Bottom