Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Accumulation of Small Things……

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
The accumulation of small things is important.

A new truck starts to accumulate small little unwanted things. A broken antenna. A crack in the windshield. A broken handle. A window that won’t work. A milkshake stain. A cracked side mirror.

All of the things are small, and when considered individual they aren’t that bad. If you don’t take care of the small things as they happen, they tend to accumulate. Your new truck with a broken antenna has an issue that is easily fixed. If you decide to ignore the antenna and just accumulate all the other issues, all of the sudden, your new truck feels like a piece of shit. Each new fault adds on the last fault till a sence of “Piece of Shit” becomes your impression.

One should realize this tendency before it happens.

The opposite is also true.

Fix the antenna once it’s broke, sure. Then get the windows tinted. A improvement. How about A good wash. Maybe some Armor All on the tires. Vacuum the carpets. Get it detailed with a new car scent added. Now that we are on a roll, how about new custom wheels and/or tires. Maybe a new exhaust system.

Everything you do to improve your vehicle is important. Removing the negative items as they occur and adding positive items.

The further each direction goes, it will gather momentum. Be conscious of your direction.

The accumulation of small things is important.

TJHall1

Legendary
oh-no.gif

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Or you can let the small things accumulate and fix them all at once. If I take my car to get washed and 5 minutes later drive through an unavoidable puddle which splashes tire dirt on the side, I don't immediately go back to have it rewashed. Nor do I pull out the vacuum to suck up one or two pieces of debris I take into the compartment.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Well...I am/have owned boats SO.....yeah I'm used to something breaking every time that "vehicle" is taken out. If I stopped everything, every time a cleat breaks......well my time/life would be complete booked up constantly. FYI: Let the shit break all weekend....then fix during the following week, then rinse and repeat pretty much every summer weekend.

Top Bottom