Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

State of the working man in America

Dragon

Poster
Americans,

I am concerned about the way that many things are going in this country. The cost of everyday living in this country have gone through the roof. Even my trips to the grocery store are expensive. Housing is a huge expense, largely due to interest rates, but the whole financial system is topsy turvy and I feel like “joe 6 pack” gets the short end of the stick, while corrupt politicians, bankers, big oil, big pharma, etc. make out like bandits. All the money being printed has made for over valued stocks, and in general the largest wealth transfer to the top 1% ever. What do I get? I get to work everyday, pay my bills, get junk mail, email, etc because everyone wants my money. I just sometimes feel like they keep us trapped by consumerism and then just control the money supply so we’re screwed anyway.

Anyone else feel this way?

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon

Gators300

Savage Daemon
Founder
I agree with you for the most part. Don't get the interest rate comment, though. Are you saying you want a substantial increase in interest rates to slow down housing price increases?

Not saying I necessarily disagree that rates need to go up to curb inflation, but I also don't like the idea that people will pay a fuck ton more in interest VS principle on what is most people's largest and/or only asset.

Unless you aren't saying that.

Dragon

Poster
I agree with you for the most part. Don't get the interest rate comment, though. Are you saying you want a substantial increase in interest rates to slow down housing price increases?

Not saying I necessarily disagree that rates need to go up to curb inflation, but I also don't like the idea that people will pay a fuck ton more in interest VS principle on what is most people's largest and/or only asset.

Unless you aren't saying that.
Basically whenever the economy slows down, the Federal Reserve lowers interest rates to encourage spending, so as to boost the stock market. This combined with damaged supply chains and people antsy and flush with cash, or cheap debt, leads to the demand being much more than the supply can keep up with, and price inflation occurs.

Over 2022 and 2023 the Fed has planned to gradually raise interest rates, which also has the possibility of slowing down the economy with what is called “stagflation”. Stagflation also occurred in the late 1970s under President Jimmy Carter.

I have the exact metric on hand, but if I recall correctly, at the start of 2020 there was something like 4.xx trillion USD in circulation, now there is 20.xx trillion in circulation.

Because the money is not backed by gold, silver, or anything of tangible value, the Fed can pretty much print it as they please. It’s called a fiat currency.

Meanwhile, some wages have gone up for in demand retail workers and others, but for the most part average Americans’ wages are not keeping up, all while the largest wealth transfer in history has occurred and the 1% has gotten that much richer.

Rube Reaper

Elite
Americans,

I am concerned about the way that many things are going in this country. The cost of everyday living in this country have gone through the roof. Even my trips to the grocery store are expensive. Housing is a huge expense, largely due to interest rates, but the whole financial system is topsy turvy and I feel like “joe 6 pack” gets the short end of the stick, while corrupt politicians, bankers, big oil, big pharma, etc. make out like bandits. All the money being printed has made for over valued stocks, and in general the largest wealth transfer to the top 1% ever. What do I get? I get to work everyday, pay my bills, get junk mail, email, etc because everyone wants my money. I just sometimes feel like they keep us trapped by consumerism and then just control the money supply so we’re screwed anyway.

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon
Capitalism sucks.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Its amazing how few skills people have today. Most people can't change oil, don't know how to use tools or build or fix anything. A buddy of mine does electric service calls and says he gets a call at least once a month to repair a light that is just a bad bulb... My dad used to joke about people not knowing how to wipe their own ass, but I swear we are get close that irl.

Oler Ted

Elite
Americans,

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon
9E3BA8FB-34E5-409F-AEF8-72E0B79A4889.gif

BigBucnNole

Elite
Americans,

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon

Lol, no. I inherited $104,374.39 ZFG.

Enjoy yore soup.

QuanChi

Elite
Americans,

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon
Yes. More of the same, from a liberal or conservative standpoint, is clearly not the solution either. How do we as individuals help break the system? The wallstreetbets experiment is one example how a group of nobodies created an impulse in the system

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Americans,

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon
What solution do you propose to this problem?

Jtrain80

Legendary
Americans,

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon

That's one way to look at it.

Another viewpoint: You have to pay pedophiles to not shoot you or throw you in prison....While living in a free country.

Dragon

Poster
Party People,

I appreciate everyone's comments. I'm just a young man (almost 25) trying to make a life and the whole "American dream", like anyone else.

Even though things aren't always easy, I am very blessed and have benefited from American Capitalism and some of these systems that I disagree with. I purchased a comfortable home, used car, new technology, etc. In many ways I live better than some of the greatest kings ever.

I stand on the shoulders of giants to be where I am today, and that's not something to take lightly. (Hard times create strong men, etc). I have great concern over my generation and ones after that will know nothing but dopamine drip through a computer in your pocket (cell phones). Social media, Tik Tok, etc, none of that stuff is good. They just get people addicted through quick dopamine hits and steal all their data.

Also, senior citizens running the country does not inspire confidence.

Though the working class has modern luxuries, the establishment is hardly toppled. I agree with the wallstreetbets energy and hope my generation can use methods like that to make a difference.

I encourage everyone to think for themselves and question.

V/R,

Dragon
qoM2i6Fh.jpg

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Its amazing how few skills people have today. Most people can't change oil, don't know how to use tools or build or fix anything. A buddy of mine does electric service calls and says he gets a call at least once a month to repair a light that is just a bad bulb... My dad used to joke about people not knowing how to wipe their own ass, but I swear we are get close that irl.

Waiting on the movie about butts

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Americans,

Feel free to reply.

V/R,

Dragon
welcome-will-ferrell.gif

I know this is a bit late to the party but... Yeah.

Top Bottom