Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Springfield Hellcat

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
A friend of mine has one, and I have held & shot it. He loves it, and I agree. That or a P365 will be my next gun purchase. Can't beat either for size, capacity, & shootability IMO. Think most folks find the Hellcat a smidge snappier, and fatter in the grip. Holds 1 more round in that grip though.

JerBearr

A friend of mine has one, and I have held & shot it. He loves it, and I agree. That or a P365 will be my next gun purchase. Can't beat either for size, capacity, & shootability IMO. Think most folks find the Hellcat a smidge snappier, and fatter in the grip. Holds 1 more round in that grip though.
Yeah thats what I've heard. Im a small frame (if youve seen me in the podcast you know lmao) and I need something small. Seems like the hellcat is a great option. The P365 is something I've looked at as well, but something it pushing me towards the hellcat and I honestly have NO idea what it is...

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Might want to check out the Glock 43X. I have the standard 43 in my glove box, but thinking about getting a Hellcat, P365 or 43X for capacity.

I've held all three and the Hellcat and 43X fit my hand better. P365 is a bit too slender.

JerBearr

Might want to check out the Glock 43X. I have the standard 43 in my glove box, but thinking about getting a Hellcat, P365 or 43X for capacity.

I've held all three and the Hellcat and 43X fit my hand better. P365 is a bit too slender.
I havent seen much about the 43x, but it is a larger gun. I dont think it would be a problem, but I think the 365 and the hellcat are definitely better options. But also, the 43x has inferior sights as compared to the other handguns.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder

I have a 43X and love it. Was my first Glock. Wife shot it, and now I need to track her one down. My daughter carries the 43, but it's too small for my fat hands.

P365XL will probably be my next gun.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I havent seen much about the 43x, but it is a larger gun. I dont think it would be a problem, but I think the 365 and the hellcat are definitely better options. But also, the 43x has inferior sights as compared to the other handguns.

Yeah, even the regular 43 is bigger than the Hellcat, and only 6+1 rounds. The P365 changed the game in the micro 9 world, and the Hellcat followed suit. IMO Glock has rested on their laurels for too long. As for their sights, I'd have to factor in the cost of decent sights if I were buying a Glock, because I think their factory sights are garbage.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
I have a 43X and love it. Was my first Glock. Wife shot it, and now I need to track her one down. My daughter carries the 43, but it's too small for my fat hands.

P365XL will probably be my next gun.

All of them carry a G43.

My sister bought a Springfield Hellcat and likes it, although she hasn't shot it much.

I carry a S&W MP Shield 2.0 and like it. I would like to test the G43, Sig P365 XL, and S&W M2.0 (which is a compact so slightly bigger than the others) for my next purchase.

There are a ton of great sub/micro compact guns that it's hard to go wrong, it's just more of a personal preference.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

All of them carry a G43.

My sister bought a Springfield Hellcat and likes it, although she hasn't shot it much.

I carry a S&W MP Shield 2.0 and like it. I would like to test the G43, Sig P365 XL, and S&W M2.0 (which is a compact so slightly bigger than the others) for my next purchase.

There are a ton of great sub/micro compact guns that it's hard to go wrong, it's just more of a personal preference.

I love all the choices out there these days, especially for carry guns. Great time to be a gun owner. You are correct, so many great options, just comes down to personal preference.

JerBearr

All of them carry a G43.

I love all the choices out there these days, especially for carry guns. Great time to be a gun owner. You are correct, so many great options, just comes down to personal preference.

I think for the average user, if you choose one of the top 3 there is little room for being unsatisfied. So I might be making the decision harder than it needs to be. I might need to just pull the trigger one one (no pun intended) and be happy with my decision.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I think for the average user, if you choose one of the top 3 there is little room for being unsatisfied. So I might be making the decision harder than it needs to be. I might need to just pull the trigger one one (no pun intended) and be happy with my decision.
Have you put them in your hands, or shot any of the 3 mentioned?

JerBearr

9's are for girls.
I would rather have more "BOOM"s and Im also a tiny person. I need a tiny gun.

But yeah I think the sound of the number of rounds fired is most important directly behind actually getting shots on target, and a larger gun on my frame size isnt possible without getting a smaller mag.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I havent. I dont know anyone with any of them and I dont know where to go to test them all. I would love to AT MINIMUM hold them all before I buy.

You definitely should. If you can find a range that rents them, I'd highly suggest seeing which one you shoot best. At least, go to a store that has them all and you can put them in your hands. Everyone is a little different, and what feels great in my hands might feel wrong to you. That said, probably any of those 3 would be a good choice...one just might feel a bit better to you.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I would rather have more "BOOM"s and Im also a tiny person. I need a tiny gun.

But yeah I think the sound of the number of rounds fired is most important directly behind actually getting shots on target, and a larger gun on my frame size isnt possible without getting a smaller mag.

People who knock the 9mm, only show their ignorance on handgun ballistics.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
Check out the S&W M&P Shield Plus. I just upgraded to it from my original Shield, and it's vastly superior. 13+1 with the extended magazine (went from single to double stack), and the new trigger is fantastic. I have small hands, and it feels better than the Hellcat and P365.

Latest posts

Top Bottom