Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Someone explain the pepe meme to me

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
I'm pretty sure it just started as a joke on the Chans and the libs, completely lacking in self awareness and humor, missed the joke and convinced themselves that a cartoon frog was a symbol of White Supremacy.

The Chans then doubled down and got the libs to believe that the ok sign is also a symbol of White Supremacy and the libs being the idiots that they are, took that hook, line and sinker.

Jtrain80

Legendary
I'm pretty sure it just started as a joke on the Chans and the libs, completely lacking in self awareness and humor, missed the joke and convinced themselves that a cartoon frog was a symbol of White Supremacy.

The Chans then doubled down and got the libs to believe that the ok sign is also a symbol of White Supremacy and the libs being the idiots that they are, took that hook, line and sinker.

Correct.

Talk about deserving a comedy award.

MaizeBlaze

I’m just here so I won’t get fined.
Founder

One of my co-workers was suspended for two months for a Facebook post which included a pic of him and his kids doing the okay sign. The dude doesn’t have a hateful bone in his body.

I wish I was making that up.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
7hY9.gif

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Was an older internet meme (2008ish) that got associated with an Egyptian chaos god (Kek - from wiki: In the Greco-Roman period, Kek's male form was depicted as a frog-headed man). Like others said in here, it was pushed ironically as a hate symbol and led to a ton of (hilarious) confusion in the media.

To me it kinda represents the idea of not taking things so serious. And the result of sarcasm and hyperbole leads to chaos and confusion in the more prideful academic/media communities

Last edited:
Top Bottom