Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Softer side of Morgan and Morgan

Peach-head

Poster
He has a point to an extent. I never see anyone at Arby’s. I’m basing that off of observation though and not the ridiculous notion that if I didn’t personally eat there they will go out of business.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
He was at a cigar bar in Lake Mary sticking his hand underneath a beautiful Columbian ladies butt on her seat. Ill never forget. Hes about 5'4 as well. He did it one time and she looked at me and I told her who it was. She had no clue being from Columbia. He tried it again and she waited for him to put his drink to his mouth, she smashed him with her purse. Then he bought drinks for the bar that night.. he looked like death.

BigBucnNole

Elite
He was at a cigar bar in Lake Mary sticking his hand underneath a beautiful Columbian ladies butt on her seat. Ill never forget. Hes about 5'4 as well. He did it one time and she looked at me and I told her who it was. She had no clue being from Columbia. He tried it again and she waited for him to put his drink to his mouth, she smashed him with her purse. Then he bought drinks for the bar that night.. he looked like death.

I know from a couple of people that work for him he parties extremely hard. I give him 5 years.

Hb35

Poster
I sent these posts to my buddy, one of his law school friends is at Morgan and Morgan. He went there to work with him for a year and got the hell out. He sent this back just now.

“”You know I worked there for a year. One time, I hung out all night in his limo with them till like 6 am. Went to his house and played with the German shepherds that are on commercial. He was making it rain literally in all the clubs.
He was awesome to hang with. One of the lawyers threw up on his leg in limo and he fired him. There’s a vide of him hammered somewhere at a conference “

commepositatus

Poster
Founder
I sent these posts to my buddy, one of his law school friends is at Morgan and Morgan. He went there to work with him for a year and got the hell out. He sent this back just now.

“”You know I worked there for a year. One time, I hung out all night in his limo with them till like 6 am. Went to his house and played with the German shepherds that are on commercial. He was making it rain literally in all the clubs.
He was awesome to hang with. One of the lawyers threw up on his leg in limo and he fired him. There’s a vide of him hammered somewhere at a conference “
That's awesome

Long cat

Elite
Heard he's had a ton of DUI arrests. Everything is supposedly in his wife's name.
When I worked there he used to have the runners (Who I bought weed from once - he wet it down so only once) take his car home in the afternoon before going out. He had teenagers driving home the S500.

I worked in the accounting department. I was about 19 and went out with the other accounting people. They partied pretty hard. Lots of booze and painkillers. Thinking back, that’s what they shared with the kid who was a family friend of one of the partners; they probably went much harder. They thought I was this innocent little kid but I refer to that time as the summer of Xanax. It was a blast. I don’t think a week went by when somebody didn’t get called out for rolling into work with the same clothes they had on the day before.

I got to see all the case financials which was very interesting.

BronzeBuckeye

Poster
Founder
When I worked there he used to have the runners (Who I bought weed from once - he wet it down so only once) take his car home in the afternoon before going out. He had teenagers driving home the S500.

I worked in the accounting department. I was about 19 and went out with the other accounting people. They partied pretty hard. Lots of booze and painkillers. Thinking back, that’s what they shared with the kid who was a family friend of one of the partners; they probably went much harder. They thought I was this innocent little kid but I refer to that time as the summer of Xanax. It was a blast. I don’t think a week went by when somebody didn’t get called out for rolling into work with the same clothes they had on the day before.

"For The People"

CurtOFD78

Elite

Hypothetically speaking of course, what were some of the most interesting case financials you saw?

MittRomneysDrawers

Poster
Founder
My wife's cousin is married to a guy that went to UF Law with him. The guy told me he was a total power hungry jackass even then. Stepped over anyone's toes he could to get what he wanted. Literally hates the guy.

I imagine he's got quite the Sugar Baby roll.

Long cat

Elite
Hypothetically speaking of course, what were some of the most interesting case financials you saw?
I did the closing statements for all the cases for a summer. So I read the contract and filled out some forms that had the settlement/award, all of the case expenses and the attorney’s fee as a percentage of settlement. I basically did expense reports really.

They do a ton of car crash cases. You get rear ended, you get a $10k settlement. They take a third, they spend a third in expenses which comes out of your 2/3rds, then you get a check for $3k. This covers about half of their cases, although sometimes the settlement would be up to $20k.

The biggest one I saw was part 1 of a three part case (I think they sued a dr, a practice and a hospital separately). This kid was at a track meet and fell while running and had really bad road rash basically. He went to the ER where it was not properly cleaned and he ended up getting and infection and dying. If I remember correctly it went to trial and the award was $7 million. That one the attorney fee was only 20% and I think the family got about 5.

one interesting thing is that most of the lawyers like them that run commercials in Orlando seem to have come from Morgan, Colling and Gilbert. Dan Newlin used to handle a ton of their cases. I think they bought out a bunch of people when they went from MC&G to M&M.

Sandford’s_Finest

Poster
Founder
He has a point to an extent. I never see anyone at Arby’s. I’m basing that off of observation though and not the ridiculous notion that if I didn’t personally eat there they will go out of business.
Same with Mattress Firm. They have locations everywhere and yet I never see anyone buying their mattresses.

BigBucnNole

Elite
I did the closing statements for all the cases for a summer. So I read the contract and filled out some forms that had the settlement/award, all of the case expenses and the attorney’s fee as a percentage of settlement. I basically did expense reports really. What they need to do is clamp down on the rewards or regulate the consignment rates.

They do a ton of car crash cases. You get rear ended, you get a $10k settlement. They take a third, they spend a third in expenses which comes out of your 2/3rds, then you get a check for $3k. This covers about half of their cases, although sometimes the settlement would be up to $20k.

The biggest one I saw was part 1 of a three part case (I think they sued a dr, a practice and a hospital separately). This kid was at a track meet and fell while running and had really bad road rash basically. He went to the ER where it was not properly cleaned and he ended up getting and infection and dying. If I remember correctly it went to trial and the award was $7 million. That one the attorney fee was only 20% and I think the family got about 5.

one interesting thing is that most of the lawyers like them that run commercials in Orlando seem to have come from Morgan, Colling and Gilbert. Dan Newlin used to handle a ton of their cases. I think they bought out a bunch of people when they went from MC&G to M&M.

He is public enemy number 1 of the Chamber of Commerce and ultimately the legislature. If I were a betting man, they'll eventually get him. If he doesn't die from drugs first. Florida's frivolous lawsuit markets is one of the worst in the country and it's largely because of him. They already are trying to limit the bullshit mesothelioma, and others, commercials. What they need to do is regulate the consignment rates.

Hard part is, a number of influential legislators are trial attorneys and anything they do to limit him, hurts them. So it's a fine line. His blatant support for bullshit Dem policies, even when he isn't really a Dem, may be the straw that broke the camel's back. They are even trying to rewrite the constitutional amendment process because of the guy. He does nothing but piss people off.

Top Bottom