Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So what is the law that allows the CDC director to pass laws and levy fines and prison?

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

"being evicted for failure to pay rent could be detrimental to public health".

Cant find the print of them saying that the new moratorium has fines and prison time included for landlords, cities and states that refuse to follow cdc guidelines but I've heard a couple right wing pundits mention they've been told its in there.

The cdc director needs to go to jail if she tries to do any of that.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
absolute bullshit, but no ones going to say/do anything as it would paint them as forcing people out of their homes during a pandemic.

Not sure how they’re going to unwind this situation. Wouldn’t doubt if there’s millions not paying rent across the country. How does this get unwound without suddenly pouring that many people into the streets?

How does it get unwound without bankrupting hundreds of thousands of rental owners?

mrt

Elite
That millions of people got big bucks so if they are behind in their rent or mortgages they have no one to blame but themselves. Especially if they have children, it was not intended to be free money it was to pay rent and subsistence. I paid my rent and I am not behind and I can't work any longer. People are now spoiled and think they will get another big check.........afraid not folks. The party is over so go to work and pay for your obligations. When that big depression starts you better have some canned peas and corn in the cupboard. There will be no handouts, no fire and ems, no police, no supermarkets open. You might want to go back and watch Oklahoma Crude with George C Scott, he was a hobo sitting around a hobo community pot and everyone sitting around the pot pitched in a vegetable. As Judy Tanuda says "It can happen". The Nation was broke 50 years ago.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
They should of cut the payments to the landlords and mortgage holders. Let the people stay and the government covers it.... Now Im not for that either but it'd be wayyyyyyy preferable to this bullshit.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

"being evicted for failure to pay rent could be detrimental to public health".

Cant find the print of them saying that the new moratorium has fines and prison time included for landlords, cities and states that refuse to follow cdc guidelines but I've heard a couple right wing pundits mention they've been told its in there.

The cdc director needs to go to jail if she tries to do any of that.
993a46bd3198e5f28f2394b29f8afced.jpg

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
It was over for us when they ahut down all the churches in the country and almost none of them sued. There should have been millions of lawsuiits filed. Charlie kirk actually had a good video calling out the churches for this last fall

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Ah so now “detrimental to public” health supersedes the Constitution and the Justice System. That’s cool I guess
Hate to be Debbie downer but…

42 USC 5174 (likely section e clause 2) & 42 USC 5201 (clause a).

Last edited:
Top Bottom