Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So have we discussed that Dems want to dissolve the federal courts?

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
So that they can load them with only Biden appointments?

You realize that tweet is pushing an article from 1974 written by a Cornell faculty member that has been dead since 2014, right? Me thinks the "BREAKING" part of the tweet might be a smidge misleading.

MasturGator

Poster
Founder
You realize that tweet is pushing an article from 1974 written by a Cornell faculty member that has been dead since 2014, right? Me thinks the "BREAKING" part of the tweet might be a smidge misleading.

I realize that. I took it as the original tweet was pushing information from sources and using that article as a reference to how it was possible. It’s not as if there is a ton of material out there on the real world application of Congress’s plenary power over inferior federal court jurisdiction. Hell, the author of the article concludes he isn’t sure that Congress has the power to do what the tweet states Dems want to do. But, if it truly is the Democrats’ intention regardless, it is noteworthy and alarming.

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
I realize that. I took it as the original tweet was pushing information from sources and using that article as a reference to how it was possible. It’s not as if there is a ton of material out there on the real world application of Congress’s plenary power over inferior federal court jurisdiction. Hell, the author of the article concludes he isn’t sure that Congress has the power to do what the tweet states Dems want to do. But, if it truly is the Democrats’ intention regardless, it is noteworthy and alarming.
I don't think there's any legitimate push to make this a reality, and that tweet thread doesn't provide even a sentence of corroboration to the assertion they made. In fact, the substance of the tweets seem to completely contradict the assertion they made in the first tweet.

Joewildcat8

Poster
Founder
Your avatar gives me headaches,😂

MasturGator

Poster
Founder
I don't think there's any legitimate push to make this a reality, and that tweet thread doesn't provide even a sentence of corroboration to the assertion they made. In fact, the substance of the tweets seem to completely contradict the assertion they made in the first tweet.
I told you the manner in which I took the tweet. I read anonymously sourced and thinly evidenced articles daily from mainstream outlets. I have discussions on those articles routinely. This tweet is nothing more than that for the purposes of this thread. It may be total bullshit, just like many stories are daily, but I still think it’s a relevant discussion.

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
I told you the manner in which I took the tweet. I read anonymously sourced and thinly evidenced articles daily from mainstream outlets. I have discussions on those articles routinely. This tweet is nothing more than that for the purposes of this thread. It may be total bullshit, just like many stories are daily, but I still think it’s a relevant discussion.
I'm just saying that I haven't seen a push for this to happen, doesn't mean there aren't people that don't want it to happen, but those tweets seem to show it couldn't happen now, regardless.

MasturGator

Poster
Founder
I'm just saying that I haven't seen a push for this to happen, doesn't mean there aren't people that don't want it to happen, but those tweets seem to show it couldn't happen now, regardless.
The article does come to that conclusion, but if the any Congress were to make that push to dissolve the lower federal courts, for whatever reason, it would certainly be up for debate. It would ultimately hinge on the SCOTUS interpretation of Article I of the Constitution. I mean, this is from the abstract of the article:

“If it is true, as I argue, that inferior federal courts may not be abolished, then resolution of the corollary questions of whether Congress can selectively curtail jurisdiction or resort to certain remedies is more difficult.”

So, it’s not like the subject is settled.

Top Bottom