Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Snow country Golfers - what’s your practice situation?

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
If you are stuck in snow country this winter (like me) what are your practice options? If weather permits, I hit the outdoor range. Heated stalls and the Trackman Range app. Otherwise, I go to the local dome that has sims in most of the stalls and play virtual rounds or range. It uses TopTracer tech. I’m playing XGolf on Tuesday with a couple buddies. That will be first time there. Otherwise, I roll putts and hit baby chips in the basement with a couple cold ones and gummies. Trying to get somewhere warm in March/April.

Anyway, just itching to play so why not talk some golf! Cheers!

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
If you are stuck in snow country this winter (like me) what are your practice options? If weather permits, I hit the outdoor range. Heated stalls and the Trackman Range app. Otherwise, I go to the local dome that has sims in most of the stalls and play virtual rounds or range. It uses TopTracer tech. I’m playing XGolf on Tuesday with a couple buddies. That will be first time there. Otherwise, I roll putts and hit baby chips in the basement with a couple cold ones and gummies. Trying to get somewhere warm in March/April.

Let us know what you think of Golf...

TJHall1

Legendary

I drink. I also hate golf, tho.

milktoast

Poster

I just shut it down through winter. I know the itch you are talking about though

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Just trying to start some new topics. Hell, you can just tell me you hate golf and we can discuss. Maybe a better topic is at what point of alcohol/weed intake do you “find it”? How much swing juice is necessary?

TBH, I’m not a great golfer at all. I just love playing and between working remote and winter, I’m antsy AF.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Just trying to start some new topics. Hell, you can just tell me you hate golf and we can discuss. Maybe a better topic is at what point of alcohol/weed intake do you “find it”? How much swing juice is necessary?

TBH, I’m not a great golfer at all. I just love playing and between working remote and winter, I’m antsy AF.
I’ve always wanted to play golf, but just feel I can’t ever find the time and at this point I feel like I’d look like a moron if I got on the course

Oler Ted

Elite

It’s that time of year where winter starts taking a toll. Starting mid January until early March it just sucks in general. Sports have dissolved as well, not really a good time to travel, etc

As far as golf as long as it’s above freezing (and not too windy when it’s cold) I’m in.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
I’ve always wanted to play golf, but just feel I can’t ever find the time and at this point I feel like I’d look like a moron if I got on the course
My wife is the same way. No way she would play if it made her look bad. After a few happy hour Friday rounds at a dirt patch par 3, she can have fun stress free. It’s just a game after all! Find a Par 3 and have some fun this summer.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
He must like it if he started a thread wanting to talk golf

giphy.gif

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
I live in the Raleigh, NC area now so the weather is pretty golf friendly most of the time. I lived in Brownsburg, Indiana for 8 years. I converted my Baseball playing son’s soft toss net to a golf net in our basement. I could hit full shots off a mat into that net. Was a nice setup.View attachment 76809
Very nice. How tall were those ceilings for a full shot? Could you hit driver?

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
I wish I had taken a pic of the actual setup. I bought a thin mesh commercial grade net to put over the larger net of the baseball sock net. I put a sheet in between the nets. The hole in the sock net would allow the balls to drop down into a large plastic storage tub. Next time I set it up here in my garage, I’ll take a pic!

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Usually have a rule that I don’t play until it’s 70 degrees out. Broke that last week and got a round in when it was about 55 and a touch windy. Too damn cold for golf, but it was nice to get out and get a few swings in.

What’s everyone’s favorite golf destination? I know we have a lot of Alabama posters. Robert Trent Jones golf trail is a good spot to hit for a trip. Or at least it was when I did it about 15 years ago.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Usually have a rule that I don’t play until it’s 70 degrees out. Broke that last week and got a round in when it was about 55 and a touch windy. Too damn cold for golf, but it was nice to get out and get a few swings in.

What’s everyone’s favorite golf destination? I know we have a lot of Alabama posters. Robert Trent Jones golf trail is a good spot to hit for a trip. Or at least it was when I did it about 15 years ago.
We have plenty of options up here in the mitten, but I really want to do the RTJ trail one of these days. Played plenty of NC golf in past summers and several Disney trips. Would love to hit AZ and some SW golf.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Love some desert golf in the spring before it gets ridiculously hot. Troon North, GrayHawk, Wi-ko-pa area few that come to mind.

Did the RJT for a trip one time and had a blast. 7 or 8 different courses each with its own character. Some are close enough where you an play 2 different courses on the same day. One thing i really liked is that the clubhouse at all the RJT courses is exactly the same. That way when you get there your surroundings are familiar and you won't have to waste time trying to figure out where things are.

Been able to get out for a couple of spring rounds lately but need to dust off the old swing. Might need @denn to give us some pointers.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
Last 2 years I've done a Pinehurst golf trip in Feb and lucked out with weather for the most part. Otherwise I just try to get out if weather permits (45+ degrees) as we have a few courses that stay open year-round. I should probably pick up a net and mat for my garage like the poster above.

Top Bottom