Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Six Feet Under or Cremated?

Darth Maul

Poster
My wife and I had intended to be cremated and after we both pass, to have our ashes shot over the ocean in fireworks. Kind of dumb but we thought it would be funny. Then, our daughter passed when she was 11 months old. Now I own 3 burial plots. One for our girl, and one on each side of her for myself and my wife.
Sorry for bringing things down, but I felt like sharing that today.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
I see no logical reason to put my dead, rotting carcass into an expensive box and bury it 6' underground.
How about you?
Welp we cremated my Dad a year ago AND FINALLY buried the urn and marker on Sunday.

FUCK YOU CHINA and your FUCKIN VIRUS. (he didnt die from it, we could have a funeral....but FML having to do that 2 times was brutal.

El Tigre

Poster
Cremation for me. I told my family I will haunt them if they spend a shit ton of money on a fancy box and a hole in the ground

I feel like the popularity of cremation vs traditional burial is going to continue to grow with ours and future generations as:

1) people become less religious where the basis for traditional burial stems
2) The increased land value and thus costs of burial
3) People continue to move/travel more, they feel less sentiment/attachment to one place in particular where they want to remain forever.

In saying that, I have considered to invest long term in the cremation industry in some way. Has anybody else thought about that or have any ideas of how to or what to invest in? (Tattoo removal I think is going to be even more popular that is a whole other topic)

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
Cremation for me. I told my family I will haunt them if they spend a shit ton of money on a fancy box and a hole in the ground

I feel like the popularity of cremation vs traditional burial is going to continue to grow with ours and future generations as:

1) people become less religious where the basis for traditional burial stems
2) The increased land value and thus costs of burial
3) People continue to move/travel more, they feel less sentiment/attachment to one place in particular where they want to remain forever.

In saying that, I have considered to invest long term in the cremation industry in some way. Has anybody else thought about that or have any ideas of how to or what to invest in? (Tattoo removal I think is going to be even more popular that is a whole other topic)
I agree with you rhetoric to a certain degree. Sadly...faith no longer is the center point of life and that is the main reason we bury our dead.

also, tatto removal will be a BOOMING business in the next 20 years. Hell, I’m be already gotten a quote on myself.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I agree with you rhetoric to a certain degree. Sadly...faith no longer is the center point of life and that is the main reason we bury our dead.

also, tatto removal will be a BOOMING business in the next 20 years. Hell, I’m be already gotten a quote on myself.
Leviticus ninja
Edit
I believe scars and mouths tell a better story

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
I see no logical reason to put my dead, rotting carcass into an expensive box and bury it 6' underground.
How about you?
I’m with you on cremation.
My cousin OD and they buried him in some natural graveyard.. no embalming, just in the ground so it’s less impact on the environment than cremation or other,
I had never heard such a thing, but in SC evidently it’s legal.
I wasn’t at the service, or know if it was more expensive or not.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
My cousin OD and they buried him in some natural graveyard.. no embalming, just in the ground so it’s less impact on the environment than cremation or other,
Fish food.
Sorry for your loss.

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Kinda leaning towards cremation. I haven't been to my dad's and brother's graves in about 5 years, and I feel really guilty about it. They probably look like shit and are overgrown.

I don't want that same burden on my kids. Burn my body. I'll make a preliminary list of places they can scatter/bury me, or they can choose where they want me to go.

Line me up and snort me for all I care

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
That sounds cool. Just dig a hole and drop me in and let the rot begin.

Last edited:

Carlscat

Elite
Founder

My neighbor is the largest tattoo guy in SoCal. He has an 18 month wait list and does the stars and rich people (Joe Rogan, etc.) and his wife owns a tattoo removal and spa. Let’s just say they do really well and she brings in as much if not more.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Dad has requested cremation. After a large ceremony I will have to sneak his ashes into Scotland and drop them under the Swilcan Bridge. Illegal cause so many people do it/get caught doing it. Fuckem I will make it happen.

For me, I am going out like this. Amazing human, grandfather, father, fighter pilot

Attachments

• 72F565B0-34AD-4671-AD42-28FEB3F72408.jpeg
    72F565B0-34AD-4671-AD42-28FEB3F72408.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 9

Cre8ive

Founder
My neighbor is the largest tattoo guy in SoCal. He has an 18 month wait list and does the stars and rich people (Joe Rogan, etc.) and his wife owns a tattoo removal and spa. Let’s just say they do really well and she brings in as much if not more.
I heard that the Harley Davidson tattoo was the most popular tattoo in the world. do you know if that is true?

Cre8ive

Founder
I’d prefer to just be placed in a hole with no coffin. Just let the earth take me back.
You are not the only person that mentioned "drop me in a hole in the earth" - that is a cool idea to me. It makes you more of a valuable fertilizer as opposed to ashes, i think. Or bury drop you in a hole just two feet deep and then plant a young oak sapling right over your heart. I like that idea - the tree would eat me up as it grew. then as they say - the acorn never falls far from the tree! Ha!

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
You are not the only person that mentioned "drop me in a hole in the earth" - that is a cool idea to me. It makes you more of a valuable fertilizer as opposed to ashes, i think. Or bury drop you in a hole just two feet deep and then plant a young oak sapling right over your heart. I like that idea - the tree would eat me up as it grew. then as they say - the acorn never falls far from the tree! Ha!
Omfg. This is what I want to do

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
My first choice is put a rope around my chest and let the dog drag me out into the yard and leave me.

2nd choice - cremation. Already have a reserved plot at the National Cemetery.

Top Bottom