Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Simple question: is Zeppelin the GOAT band?

Barnballer

Poster
Founder
I’m only 22, but I’d like to think I was raised right. I grew up listening to classic rock and going to see concerts with my dad. To me, Zeppelin’s the GOAT and there isn’t that close of a second. They have at least 30 songs with legit radio play value.

Is this a pretty common opinion for oulde dudes on a college sports message board? If not, then who?

pmac71

Poster
Yes. Without a doubt. All great musicians collectively and on their own. Tight but loose as they say.
Plant- greatest rock frontman of all time
Page- great guitarist, great producer, great aura
Bonzo- thunderous on the drums
JPP- the glue that put it all together

I always remember Prince saying Led Zeppelin ‘would make you feel differently on every song’

The undisputed kings!

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Depends on your definition of best bands, but most people would go with The Beatles. Harder classic rock yea, they probably are the most influential. Not my favorite but I love their music. More of a Floyd fan myself.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
My personal favorite, and the goat imo, yes. I would also have no problem with the Stones 1a & Zeppelin 1b.

I actually saw Jimmy Page & Robert Plant perform in '98, when I was in college. Fucking awesome sight for a huge Led Zeppelin fan. My favorite road trip of all time. 4 of us drove all night from Columbia, SC to Memphis. Slept for a few hours then started our weekend. Jimmy Page & Robert Plant that night at the Pyramid, followed by heavy drinking with some MSU people.

Got up the next morning & drove an hour to Oxford, Ms to tailgate at the Grove and watch my Gamecocks choke one away to the Rebels. Got crazy with my fellow Pikes that night at their party. Who was playing their party? Goat LZ cover band, Zoso. Had to drive 10 hours home the next day, hungover as shit, but got damn if that wasn't an awesome 36 hours or so.

CurtOFD78

Elite
Where do the Eagles rank all time?

Saw them 3 years ago in Orlando with Jimmy Buffett. I'm a huge Buffett fan, but the Eagles were the main attraction, and at their ages, played for nearly 3 hours.

Mr. Goodtiger

Poster
The Beatles suck out loud.

giphy.gif

Shirley you can’t be serious. May not be your style but “suck out loud”?? I’ve been trol’d.

Mr. Goodtiger

Poster
Dead serious. Out loud. Nothing more than a boy band that got some LSD after a few pop records.
This is true. But those pop records sold more than anyone else in history. And the stuff they made after they started taking LSD was mostly spectacular and arguably defined the landscape of classic rock.

Twilight of the Gods makes as good an argument about this as anything. Highly recommend even if you’re not a Beatles fan. Only one Beatles chapter really but an awesome book for classic rock fans.

9Mounties07

Elite
I’m only 22, but I’d like to think I was raised right. I grew up listening to classic rock and going to see concerts with my dad. To me, Zeppelin’s the GOAT and there isn’t that close of a second. They have at least 30 songs with legit radio play value.

Is this a pretty common opinion for oulde dudes on a college sports message board? If not, then who?
Probably Top 5. Don't think GOAT. I have Beatles and Stones

yankmenoodle

Elite
You have to watch the Beatles live performances to see how good they actually were. I read Jimmy Page used to sit in a pentagram until he was inspired. I'm sorry but demonic inspiration shouldn't be allowed in considering talent. AC DC had the best guitar riffs, but again, demonic. Back in Black is their second singer claiming he's the same demon that possessed the first singer.

TJHall1

Legendary
You have to watch the Beatles live performances to see how good they actually were. I read Jimmy Page used to sit in a pentagram until he was inspired. I'm sorry but demonic inspiration shouldn't be allowed in considering talent. AC DC had the best guitar riffs, but again, demonic. Back in Black is their second singer claiming he's the same demon that possessed the first singer.
Live or not, bunch of faggots.

Cowboy1stn10

Elite
I bounce between:Queen/Led Zep as the goat. Gun to my head, I'd go Queen.

Personal preference. if Freddie wasn't gay, more would have agreed all along.

And really have no care for third place. Going Traveling Wilburys to make it fun.

Top Bottom