Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sigh. This is why we can not approach the infrastructure issue as a serious country would (link)

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Repairing roads and bridges isn't really infrastructure spending, either. It's maintenance. Which should be paid for with excise taxes on fuel, tolls, etc. But those funds are routinely raided for other garbage spending.

If they really want an impactful and transformative achievement, focus solely on getting fiber into every home in the country. It will easily run a trillion, but talk about transforming society in a positive way. However, Democrats seem intent on designing all aspects of an economy. Yeah, I know central planning has always been an abject failure, but this time we have people who have never worked anywhere outside of politics doing the planning.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I had to write a giant paper about this years ago. The USA failed MISERABLY compared to the system developed in Europe. I think outside of Germany when I picked up a car, a damn multi-country pass on a train that I didn’t even spill my wine, was like $300. To go wherever willy nilly.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
I had to write a giant paper about this years ago. The USA failed MISERABLY compared to the system developed in Europe. I think outside of Germany when I picked up a car, a damn multi-country pass on a train that I didn’t even spill my wine, was like $300. To go wherever willy nilly.
Europe keeps their money. We send ours all over the world so pols can get their kickbacks.

Top Bottom