Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scarf

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I’m adding DLJ to the drawn butter for my plate. Prolly won’t suck. Queen gets all the lobster she wants. King is for me.
Red or Blue King?

No matter, it’s the 4th or 5th best crab.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I love @Nape for some things. Amazing person and a better chef by every category. Except when it comes to anything that involves crab.

When @Nape wants to go toe-to-toe with Chesapeake blue, red, Central American clawless lobster, or northeast Maine lobster..... game on.
Love blues anytime I can get them. I’ll cede to you on those. My favorite is dungeness and Kona. Both are amazing.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Red. And agree. Easiest to eat but not the best.

I would love to go against you. I bring my mid-Atlantic PROPER blue crab, not that Alaska crap. I bring the oysters that are shipped world wide, guarantee you have zero idea what they are, and I bring a girlfriends lobsters that grew up in Maine. Game. On.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I would love to go against you. I bring my mid-Atlantic PROPER blue crab, not that Alaska crap. I bring the oysters that are shipped world wide, guarantee you have zero idea what they are, and I bring a girlfriends lobsters that grew up in Maine. Game. On.
I’ll give you the crab but I have to say that oysters are my wheelhouse. Always have been and always will be. My lone weakness.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Red. And agree. Easiest to eat but not the best.
It’s better than snow, but that’s it.

menu looks solid. Wife and I did tapas. Potato bravas, olives, steak crostini with carmalized onion, Smokey blue cheese and balsamic glaze. Finish with caponata. I’d send a pic but we destroyed it.

Nape

Elite
Founder
menu looks solid. Wife and I did tapas. Potato bravas, olives, steak crostini with carmalized onion, Smokey blue cheese and balsamic glaze. Finish with caponata. I’d send a pic but we destroyed it.
Sounds amazing. Love a good caponata.

skramer100

Elite
Founder

Sounds amazing. Love a good caponata.
Wife made it while I was at my sons BB practice. Was awesome. I stopped eating cause I wanted to save some for tomorrow. She says “oh honey I have another bowl in the fridge.” Hell yes.

bigassmoney

Poster
Founder
tenderloin, a dz 1lb lobster tails, scratch pot au gratin, firecracker corn and copious amounts of wine are on the menu tonight.
4 other couples coming over for dinner and get drunk. Will be a good time.
@Nape how you do you lobster?

Nape

Elite
Founder
tenderloin, a dz 1lb lobster tails, scratch pot au gratin, firecracker corn and copious amounts of wine are on the menu tonight.
4 other couples coming over for dinner and get drunk. Will be a good time.
@Nape how you do you lobster?
Sous vide to 138 degrees for an hour. A couple pads of good butter in with them. Removed from shell by dunking in boiling water for about a minute.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Sous vide to 138 degrees for an hour. A couple pads of good butter in with them. Removed from shell by dunking in boiling water for about a minute.
I really want to do lobster the way that Keller does it at French Laundry. It was on the menu when I went there. He sous vides it in butter for 2 hours at 140 degrees. I just have never felt the need to buy that much butter to fill up a vat.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I really want to do lobster the way that Keller does it at French Laundry. It was on the menu when I went there. He sous vides it in butter for 2 hours at 140 degrees. I just have never felt the need to buy that much butter to fill up a vat.
His technique was my guide. I went a little lower on temp but it turned out Ok. I would probably kick up the temp to 140-142 if I did it again just to get a better texture. I am not a fan of lobster and only make it for my girls when asked.
F431D802-A856-417E-9C65-3FF5ADE8D9AC.jpeg

Top Bottom