Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Say a prayer for my church: lost our Pastor Saturday:

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
It’s hard folks. We have an active membership of around 85-90.

The hardest is the 20 kids under 13 that are used to the childrens sermon every Sunday.

Had a replacement preacher last Sunday and the kids were asking where Pastor Steve was.
He did my nephews marriage service.

Been a member since birth. 3rd pastor in my 43 years.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Prayers, OP. I know from personal experience how painful that can be.

We lost our pastor last year just before Christmas. One of the greatest men I've ever known. There's been a hole in our lives ever since, even though I believe the young man who we've replaced him with was who God intended. I pray for peace for you and your church that you guys find the right man to replace him.

An uplifting aspect to the story: Our pastor walked out of church in October of last year after service (we were going to have pastor appreciation day ice cream in a different building) and he told our associate pastor that he didn't know if he was approaching the end of his life, his ministry, or his time at our church, but he believed God had been impressing upon him for weeks that he would be gone soon and that the associate pastor needed to be prepared. About a month later, he was hospitalized with covid, which he finally got past, but then just before Christmas, he suffered a stroke which eventually took his life.

Trust in God, he's never caught off guard. He had already made preparations for something none of the rest of us knew was coming.

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Prayers, OP. I know from personal experience how painful that can be.

We lost our pastor last year just before Christmas. One of the greatest men I've ever known. There's been a hole in our lives ever since, even though I believe the young man who we've replaced him with was who God intended. I pray for peace for you and your church that you guys find the right man to replace him.

An uplifting aspect to the story: Our pastor walked out of church in October of last year after service (we were going to have pastor appreciation day ice cream in a different building) and he told our associate pastor that he didn't know if he was approaching the end of his life, his ministry, or his time at our church, but he believed God had been impressing upon him for weeks that he would be gone soon and that the associate pastor needed to be prepared. About a month later, he was hospitalized with covid, which he finally got past, but then just before Christmas, he suffered a stroke which eventually took his life.

Trust in God, he's never caught off guard. He had already made preparations for something none of the rest of us knew was coming.
Thanks. Today was a tough day. The Bishop who did the eulogy let us all know Pastor had confided in him many times about suicidal thoughts and depression. For whatever reason he decided death would be the salve to his soul last weekend.

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary
Thanks. Today was a tough day. The Bishop who did the eulogy let us all know Pastor had confided in him many times about suicidal thoughts and depression. For whatever reason he decided death would be the salve to his soul last weekend.
I can relate...without medications, suicide comprises a high percentage of my thoughts...BPD is a bitch...sorry for your loss...I'll be thinking of you, the congregation, and his family...

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
I can relate...without medications, suicide comprises a high percentage of my thoughts...BPD is a bitch...sorry for your loss...I'll be thinking of you, the congregation, and his family...
Thanks. Found out they found a suicide note he had written 09/15. We had no idea he was in pain. He always was so jolly and happy. Always there to lend an ear. I can’t believe I’m saying Was instead of Is.

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary
Thanks. Found out they found a suicide note he had written 09/15. We had no idea he was in pain. He always was so jolly and happy. Always there to lend an ear. I can’t believe I’m saying Was instead of Is.
It's true, at least in my experience, that the happiest,funniest, friendliest people are often the ones that are hurting the most...

I went through this with a friend/sponsor in 3013...it's not easy man...if you need an ear, I'm here

Top Bottom