Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recently Discovered Diana Ankudinova

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
Russian girl, subjected to domestic abuse at the hands of her drug addicted mother who finally abandoned her on the streets at the age of 3. She was found with a broken collarbone and crushed clavicle and placed in a recovery home for abused children. She was eventually adopted by one of the workers. She struggled developing her speaking voice and one of her doctors suggested singing lessons to help, which she took to like a fish to water.

This is her 10 years later (2016, 13 years old)

She has since developed into a legit contralto with world class range and unforgettable vocal tones. Also one of the youngest polyphonic voices I'm aware of - meaning she can sing two notes at the same time, independent of each other. Basically she can create her own simple harmonies, by herself. I thought there was no way she was legit until I did a bit of a deep dive on her.

This is her at 15.

She's 19 now, this is a song she released this past December to celebrate the New Year.

She has won several Russian vocal contests and has since recorded some of her own material. Sadly, most of her music is in Russian and very little of it is professionally recorded, but she's worth the dive if not understanding the words doesn't put you off listening to a performer. If you must have English, on YouTube you can find she has English covers of Wicked Game, Rag'n Bone Man's Human, Scorpions' Maybe I, Maybe You and a very impressive version of Can't Help Falling in Love With You.

Top Bottom