Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question on WAGs talking to..

Crich73

Poster
Family about fights/problems/issues the two of you are having. Gf and I have several issues, and when we fight she'll get back to me telling me how her mom is siding with her on whatever issue we're fighting over. I

Ive been seeing her for over two years now, and I understand how due to her age she wants to advance the relationship especially since we aren't young (me 40s, her 30s) but when we first started out we thought alike on a few key points, like, no kids. For awhile a few months back she started talking about having kids to which I responded "hell the fuck no" She has since backtracked.

Is it normal for WAGs to talk to moms and such about private and personal relationship issues? I keep to myself, dont talk shit about my relationship with family. I've told her not to either. That she's gonna have her family sour on me as a result, and she's giving her side/opinion of the issue and it isnt fair for me.

bigassmoney

Poster
Founder
if she wants to have kids that wont ever go away and will always hang over your head. Even if you, at this point have her brainwashed to not talk about it. Down the road she will resent you as the selfish immature bastard that was not man enough or giving enough to have a family or raise a child. Rightfully so

Crich73

Poster
I have the right to dictate how I want my life.

But you're missing the point. I was asking if it's normal for chicks to cry on family shoulders concerning serious relationships they're in. I just feel it only sets a bad tone concerning the boyfriend/husband and the in laws later.

CameronWV

Poster
Founder
Family about fights/problems/issues the two of you are having. Gf and I have several issues, and when we fight she'll get back to me telling me how her mom is siding with her on whatever issue we're fighting over. I

Ive been seeing her for over two years now, and I understand how due to her age she wants to advance the relationship especially since we aren't young (me 40s, her 30s) but when we first started out we thought alike on a few key points, like, no kids. For awhile a few months back she started talking about having kids to which I responded "hell the fuck no" She has since backtracked.

Is it normal for WAGs to talk to moms and such about private and personal relationship issues? I keep to myself, dont talk shit about my relationship with family. I've told her not to either. That she's gonna have her family sour on me as a result, and she's giving her side/opinion of the issue and it isnt fair for me.

Yes, I deal with exactly the same shit and my views are similar to yours. I don't talk about relationship issues with friends or family. I'm an extremely private person and it's no one else's f'n business. I'm fairly certain my wife talks shit about me to her mother on occasion but I genuinely don't even care anymore.

Quatch$

Elite
To answer your question... yes. That’s the difference between dudes and women (and gay dudes).
If you don’t like that, it’s never going to change and you should probably look into a mail order bride you can boss around and emotionally alienate from their family due to the thousands of miles of separation.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Yep, it’s normal. Wife tells her family everything and it’s annoying. But it’s life so I just deal with it.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Not only is she telling her mom, she is also telling her sisters, maybe your sisters and all 10 of her best friends. Get a vasectomy if you are that certain you don’t want kids and then see if she sticks around. That will flush the whole thing out.

Also, always remember that men marry women thinking that the women won’t change, whereas women marry men thinking they can change us.

lhpvol

Poster

But you're missing the point. I was asking if it's normal for chicks to cry on family shoulders concerning serious relationships they're in. I just feel it only sets a bad tone concerning the boyfriend/husband and the in laws later.
Yes, its normal and yes, it can be detrimental to relationships. Most people (aka women) that seek out others to share their issues with, do so not for legitimate advice, but for affirmation. You will find that they tend to share more with those that end up agreeing with and affirming their viewpoint, and shying away from those that offer constructive criticism.

But as to the other poster's point, if you are having serious issues with a girlfriend, particularly about things such as wanting kids, the right and honorable thing to do would be to bow out now, and let her find someone that will better suit her. You have every right to dictate her life, as does she, and those desires will not go away. They will 100% lead to future resentment. Unfortunately many times the woman cant recognize this either, or fools herself into thinking she's in agreement with you because she loves you, doesnt exit on her own, and it will eventually end poorly. Not trying to tell you what to do, just offering advice.

Dtcliffo

Poster
Founder

Me and my ex are both here in Maryland. Her family is in California.

She has spoken to her parents (both of them) every day for her entire life.

She would walk in the house after work and would still be on the phone with them as the kids and i would greet her. It was the most insulting thing to me and was a fundamental problem in our relationship.

Crich73

Poster
They all do it, but you seem to be mostly upset that it makes you "look bad". Have you considered dating an orphan?

Not so much look bad, but rather that when you marry someone you marry the family too. If she only talks shit about me I can't imagine her mom or the rest of the family thinking to highly of me.

And like i said to another poster, just the thought that they have an opinion based on the "bad" things she talks about doesnt make me want to rush on over to their house for brunch or spend the weekend in the mountains with all them either.

I would much prefer they develope their own opinion of me based on interaction, not slander.

TJHall1

Legendary
Not so much look bad, but rather that when you marry someone you marry the family too. If she only talks shit about me I can't imagine her mom or the rest of the family thinking to highly of me.

And like i said to another poster, just the thought that they have an opinion based on the "bad" things she talks about doesnt make me want to rush on over to their house for brunch or spend the weekend in the mountains with all them either.

I would much prefer they develope their own opinion of me based on interaction, not slander.
I've got the exact same situation going on. Annoys the ever living fuck out of me. Not a got damned thing can be just between the 2 of us.

Top Bottom