Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question for Preppers

Thasubliminal

Elite
Founder
Wondering if anyone has a method to keep medicine cold if power were to go out. Im not really the doomsday guy, but my son requires medicine to be kept cold. Any suggestions - beyond generators?

Taggart

Elite
Founder
Youbeti.JPG.3cca35e2f034b7256b1415110cca1fc7.JPG

Scalp_Em

Poster
Founder
Keep as many water bottles frozen as you can....it will serve 3 purposes....
1) Use the frozen bottles in coolers to keep stuff cold( recommend getting a high quality yeti or yeti rip-off cooler just big enough just to fit meds in...less area to cool and the higher quality cooler will extend the life of the frozen bottles).
2. Large stack of frozen bottles will help your freezer stay colder longer as well as keep the fridge colder longer....when power goes out minimize the amount you open and close doors allowing warmer air in and cold air out. When power is out, think of your fridge as a giant cooler...
3) It’s frozen water bottles so when they melt you have plenty of water to drink...

Good luck

Mathu99

I know you said beyond generators but bite the bullet and get a Generac. It's for your son's medicine.

skoerner

Poster
Keep as many water bottles frozen as you can....it will serve 3 purposes....
1) Use the frozen bottles in coolers to keep stuff cold( recommend getting a high quality yeti or yeti rip-off cooler just big enough just to fit meds in...less area to cool and the higher quality cooler will extend the life of the frozen bottles).
2. Large stack of frozen bottles will help your freezer stay colder longer as well as keep the fridge colder longer....when power goes out minimize the amount you open and close doors allowing warmer air in and cold air out. When power is out, think of your fridge as a giant cooler...
3) It’s frozen water bottles so when they melt you have plenty of water to drink...

Good luck

Attachments

• tenor (13).gif
    tenor (13).gif
    177.8 KB · Views: 1

Hb35

Poster
OP, I assume you’ve read the book, One Second After....same problem.

That book turned my whole family into low grade preppers. It will wake you up, for sure.

Top Bottom