Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Prayer needed…TIA

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
Thank you gentlemen. Rough evening last night. I wish he would just go peacefully, but for some reason, he always has fought to just stay around, so this is just like the same.

I’ll give you a summary of what’s going on. He was born with poly cystic kidney disorder. When I was 8, (1992) he got a kidney transplant. Well it finally had enough about a year ago. He had to go on dialysis. Then like 6 months ago (he put his name on the list for another new kidney) the mothefucker actually got one. I was shocked to see a decrepit 70 yo man get a SECOND kidney and so fast too…anyways. He was supposed to come down to Fairhope to spend Christmas but fell right before and had to go in hospital. His new kidney was being rejected. He’s been in the hospital ever since. Then 2 nights ago, he coded. They had to remove half his intestine and bowel. And when I got here (UAB) he woke up. He’s been fully aware and conscious but restrained and a breathing tube shoved down throat. He’s miserable. I want to be able to help him just feel comfortable…anyways, they are taking him back to OR for a second go around in a few minutes.

We’ve had kind of a strained relationship my whole life. Never saw eye to eye. I always felt second place to other things. Last night, I told him I’m sorry for anything I have done to contribute to that, that I forgive him, and I love him. And then for the first time ever, I prayed with him. I know he’s scared to death. I just wish God would take him….take him to Heaven, and end his suffering.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Thank you gentlemen. Rough evening last night. I wish he would just go peacefully, but for some reason, he always has fought to just stay around, so this is just like the same.

I’ll give you a summary of what’s going on. He was born with poly cystic kidney disorder. When I was 8, (1992) he got a kidney transplant. Well it finally had enough about a year ago. He had to go on dialysis. Then like 6 months ago (he put his name on the list for another new kidney) the mothefucker actually got one. I was shocked to see a decrepit 70 yo man get a SECOND kidney and so fast too…anyways. He was supposed to come down to Fairhope to spend Christmas but fell right before and had to go in hospital. His new kidney was being rejected. He’s been in the hospital ever since. Then 2 nights ago, he coded. They had to remove half his intestine and bowel. And when I got here (UAB) he woke up. He’s been fully aware and conscious but restrained and a breathing tube shoved down throat. He’s miserable. I want to be able to help him just feel comfortable…anyways, they are taking him back to OR for a second go around in a few minutes.

We’ve had kind of a strained relationship my whole life. Never saw eye to eye. I always felt second place to other things. Last night, I told him I’m sorry for anything I have done to contribute to that, that I forgive him, and I love him. And then for the first time ever, I prayed with him. I know he’s scared to death. I just wish God would take him….take him to Heaven, and end his suffering.

Thank you all for your prayers. I can definitely feel them. Dad passed a little while ago. I finally feel at ease about things. I think he’s finally at home. Thanks again, and love to you all.
Sorry for the loss @Chris Farley, but it is so wonderful (yet bittersweet) that you both were able to get that closure last night

Top Bottom