Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pinned: Insight into the vision for Crootn

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
About a year and a half ago, I stood it up with some donations from the LAC crowd. I bought a XenForo license and some small shared server space. They were concerned about having their conversation pushed off rivals, and I always enjoyed lurking just because the conversation was interesting to me, so I volunteered to help.

After a couple months I took that site down because it seemed like censorship really wasn’t going to be an issue, but I still owned the license. However, about two months ago it seemed to me that censorship of ideas could be on the horizon again, so we started it back up. I popped in their thread and let them know I put it back up.

We had about 30 people join in the first couple months, but it was relatively dead. A couple folks asked how they could contribute so I put up a GFM for $1000 to update the license and make a couple small changes.

Well, we happened to do this all right before that big surge of censorship happened across social media, and at the same times rivals changes their terms. @MortgageHorn posted in the LAC thread and had everyone move over to this site because he could tell their conversation would be shut down soon. At the same time, a few more moderate folks over their were able to see the writing on the wall of thought policing and we had a massive surge.

I never imagined the support we would get for this. I never really was a Q guy, but I do believe that there are many conspiracies targeted at controlling and dividing the American people. But I believe everyone should be able to have a conversation and share ideas. Thought and speech censorship has been an obvious sign through history that something is wrong with those governing (and the corporations are largely part of our government).

Now I’m here to show everyone we aren’t helpless against the tech giants. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Thank you for creating this space. Are we going to do a monthly membership fee?
We had bounced around some ideas, but the answer is no.

This site as it is will be funded through donations and merchandise that we will have out in the next couple weeks.

We plan on having a small membership fee for the new platform we are going to deliver in the future. That fee will serve many purposes, including deterring trolls and bots, but what you will be buying with it will be membership to a platform for free speech, free of manipulation and psychological attacks from the corporate overlords, and a promise not to turn the userbase into a product or experiment.

Also, I think some of the features we are going to have will make it more desirable to anything that is currently out there to share ideas.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Will there be merchandise for purchase like t-shirts with sayings and one liners that are commonly used here and on the previous board?
So we are going to start with some "original" stuff that comes out of our branding agency.

But yes, afterwards we will be happy to let you guys interface with the guy running our digital storefront and create what you would like

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Can’t wait to see the shirts. I’m definitely scooping up a couple. The site is awesome. Thanks for creating it
We are making sure they are super clean and well done. Going with Columbia at the request of some others here. We are gonna drop the Crootn name in the coming weeks - that was just a temporary joke

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
Will there be merchandise for purchase like t-shirts with sayings and one liners that are commonly used here and on the previous board?

So we are going to start with some "original" stuff that comes out of our branding agency.

But yes, afterwards we will be happy to let you guys interface with the guy running our digital storefront and create what you would like

Can I go ahead and pre-order a shirt that says “I ❤️ shirtless teenage boys”?

Top Bottom