Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Path forward

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Wow! Thanks to everyone for your contributions - I'm overwhelmed by the support.

I think the main reason a lot of us are here is because we are tired of the status quo and ready to get to work.

In order to be a success, I feel like this enterprise needs to be run as a non-profit organization. I am going to have Croot Lord (CL) set up an NPO for us that we can transfer the ownership of the forum and server over to, set up a bank account, and provide transparency on our business together.

Here is how we are going to spend our current budget from the Go Fund Me:

(1) I am going to provide a $200 bonus to CL for the work he has done for us pro bono up to this point - he is a college student and has been doing this work as an internship opportunity to build up some skills and experience for his resume

(2) I am going to have a Nonprofit incorporated on Legal Zoom. Will probably cost between $100-$200 and I will provide the receipt on the board for everyone afterwards.

(3) Once we have all the paperwork for the NPO we are going to set up a bank account for the organization - should be no cost here, just wanted to acknowledge it

(4) I am going to pay CL $15/Hr to make some cosmetic/aesthetic changes to the forum and improve our tools a bit. He should have plenty budget over the next couple months to make some nice improvements.

I see this taking a couple months to work out. Hopefully, at the end of that we will have several hundred dollars left over and an actual organization to rally around. At the point we can work on finding a way to get together and see which members will lead and direct things going forward.

*For now we are going to do our best to moderate the forum, but things have a potential to turn a bit Wild West around here until we get more organized.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
I move we set aside $123 for hooker(s) and blow.
giphy.gif

Revazthetrend

Poster
Founder
Wow! Thanks to everyone for your contributions - I'm overwhelmed by the support.

I think the main reason a lot of us are here is because we are tired of the status quo and ready to get to work.

In order to be a success, I feel like this enterprise needs to be run as a non-profit organization. I am going to have Croot Lord (CL) set up an NPO for us that we can transfer the ownership of the forum and server over to, set up a bank account, and provide transparency on our business together.

Here is how we are going to spend our current budget from the Go Fund Me:

(1) I am going to provide a $200 bonus to CL for the work he has done for us pro bono up to this point - he is a college student and has been doing this work as an internship opportunity to build up some skills and experience for his resume

(2) I am going to have a Nonprofit incorporated on Legal Zoom. Will probably cost between $100-$200 and I will provide the receipt on the board for everyone afterwards.

(3) Once we have all the paperwork for the NPO we are going to set up a bank account for the organization - should be no cost here, just wanted to acknowledge it

(4) I am going to pay CL $15/Hr to make some cosmetic/aesthetic changes to the forum and improve our tools a bit. He should have plenty budget over the next couple months to make some nice improvements.

I see this taking a couple months to work out. Hopefully, at the end of that we will have several hundred dollars left over and an actual organization to rally around. At the point we can work on finding a way to get together and see which members will lead and direct things going forward.

*For now we are going to do our best to moderate the forum, but things have a potential to turn a bit Wild West around here until we get more organized.

Question for those who’ve been apart of the rivals familia for awhile. I was both a witness and contributor to the tmb and the-mainboard. The later had good intentions imo and has now evolved into a groupthink cesspool. How can we keep this from happening here? Anyone else here been around both bizarro worlds care to share and weigh in on how this place can avoid the pitfalls that led to end result?

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Question for those who’ve been apart of the rivals familia for awhile. I was both a witness and contributor to the tmb and the-mainboard. The later had good intentions imo and has now evolved into a groupthink cesspool. How can we keep this from happening here? Anyone else here been around both bizarro worlds care to share and weigh in on how this place can avoid the pitfalls that led to end result?
Frankly, I don't know how you systemically do that and maintain freedom of thought or expression.

It likely relies heavily on the type of clientele that this place attracts combined with a willingness to both extend respect to those with whom you disagree (hear them out) as well as maintaining quality of knowledge sufficient to challenge (and hopefully edify) those ideas that need to be challenged.

Every other place I've been on the internet eventually devolves almost universally due to the base crudeness that comes with lack of accountability. If you want this to hold as a unique place, you gotta put in the genuine effort to "be your brothers keeper," respecting and edifying them as necessary.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
So when does Trump go full out Martial Plan.
Really appreciate the work setting this up.

Top Bottom