Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Original photographs taken on the battlefield of the Civil War

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Wow, great link. Thanks for sharing...Since I doubt too many will scroll through the 400+ pics, I did, and I pulled the ones I thought were the best. Some very powerful stuff in some of these. A few famous pics we have all probably seen, but most I don't remember.

i166.jpg

i079.jpg

i008.jpg

i010.jpg

i011.jpg

i014.jpg

i022.jpg

i034.jpg

i048.jpg

i054.jpg

i056.jpg

i067.jpg

i074.jpg

i076.jpg

i080.jpg

i084.jpg

i099.jpg

i103.jpg

i109.jpg

i154.jpg

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Posted in another thread but should go here too:

Over the past several years I have been reading copies of letters relatives in Ohio received from their sons fighting for the Union in the Civil War. In many letters the word "butternuts" was written. It was clear it was a disparaging word but I didn't know why.

Butternut is the name of the dye from Butternut trees in Southern Ohio, Indiana and that area that was used to dye Confederate uniforms. Learn something new everyday.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Posted in another thread but should go here too:

Over the past several years I have been reading copies of letters relatives in Ohio received from their sons fighting for the Union in the Civil War. In many letters the word "butternuts" was written. It was clear it was a disparaging word but I didn't know why.

Butternut is the name of the dye from Butternut trees in Southern Ohio, Indiana and that area that was used to dye Confederate uniforms. Learn something new everyday.

I also learned something today. Pretty cool insult, we should bring it back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom