Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official iRacing Thread

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Iracing Pic.png

iRacing is the world’s premier motorsport racing simulation. iRacing puts you in the driver’s seat by allowing members to experience today’s newest form of competitive motorsport: virtual racing. iRacing is a fun, inexpensive and highly-competitive way for race fans and gamers to break a sweat by braking hard at the apex, while overcoming head-to-head racing challenges usually reserved for professional racers.

If you enjoy iRacing on the PC and have anything to say regarding iRacing, post a reply below.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I know a couple guys that swear this is fun as hell but have never tried it.

Pretty sure I would have an aneurism trying to stay focused

STL_22

Poster
iRacing is used by almost all NASCAR drivers for virtual testing. It’s about as realistic that a racing video game can get.

Its also expensive as hell.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
iRacing is used by almost all NASCAR drivers for virtual testing. It’s about as realistic that a racing video game can get.

Its also expensive as hell.
I only pay $13 for an iRacing subscription per month. There's even cheaper options if you pay for a longer term.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
What did it cost for the peripherals you use?
wheel.PNG
I have a beginner to mid range wheel and shifter, the Logitech G29 https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Dual-Motor-Feedback-Driving-Responsive/dp/B016JBE8LU?th=1. It more than gets the job done.

If your skills progress, i.e. you get into the Class A or even Professional level, you may consider a higher end wheel such as a FANATEC https://fanatec.com/us-en.

The only other item you need is a mid range gaming PC i5/Ryzen or up, monitor, and a gaming headset. This is the gaming headset I have for reference. https://www.amazon.com/Jeecoo-Heads...ords=gaming+headphones&qid=1613874155&sr=8-20

View attachment 8009

iRacing is the world’s premier motorsport racing simulation. iRacing puts you in the driver’s seat by allowing members to experience today’s newest form of competitive motorsport: virtual racing. iRacing is a fun, inexpensive and highly-competitive way for race fans and gamers to break a sweat by braking hard at the apex, while overcoming head-to-head racing challenges usually reserved for professional racers.

If you enjoy iRacing on the PC and have anything to say regarding iRacing, post a reply below.
Mario Cart just as exciting.

TJHall1

Legendary
This is from a recent iRacing NASCAR truck race. I was running in first place, wrecked from behind, and then chased down by the same driver and wrecked again. Don't worry, the driver was reported :cool: .

Youtube iRacing - Running 1st Place, Wrecked from Behind, then Chased Down by the Same Driver
tenor.gif

Fever757

Poster
Founder
My neighbor has a $40k set up. It's a car cage with four or five different monitors. Damn thing shakes if you hit the wall or wreck.

He's is the big races that pay money.

Pretty cool.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
My neighbor has a $40k set up. It's a car cage with four or five different monitors. Damn thing shakes if you hit the wall or wreck.

He's is the big races that pay money.

Pretty cool.
That's cool. Sounds like a nice setup. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom