Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Offical Workout (also Bloatmaxx) Thread

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
We welcome the "lean bulkers" as well. Post your workout for today.

Deadlift
5-5-5-5-5

CurtOFD78

Elite
I ballooned up to 262 pds at 6'1" by the end of December. Decided to start back getting serious with portion control, what I'm eating, and how much I'm exercising. Started on a Couch to 5K app that someone on the old tMB suggested just to help with burning off excess pounds. Been hitting it pretty religiously since I started and with the diet I've lost 8 pounds so far in January. I also had to start back with some kind of weight lifting program. I know if I made it too ambitious or difficult I'd quit soon, so it's pretty damn easy so far. I broke up body areas and opposing muscle groups for each day Monday-Friday with core everyday. I think it's helping a little bit so far. I'm 48 and do not have great genetics so I don't build muscle really fast, and I don't want to stick needles in my leg so it's slow going.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
We welcome the "lean bulkers" as well. Post your workout for today.

Deadlift
5-5-5-5-5
345 - 355 - 365 - 365 - 365

I should prob DL more being 260, but I didn't start developing the movement until later. I can prob squat close to that in 5x5

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I ballooned up to 262 pds at 6'1" by the end of December. Decided to start back getting serious with portion control, what I'm eating, and how much I'm exercising. Started on a Couch to 5K app that someone on the old tMB suggested just to help with burning off excess pounds. Been hitting it pretty religiously since I started and with the diet I've lost 8 pounds so far in January. I also had to start back with some kind of weight lifting program. I know if I made it too ambitious or difficult I'd quit soon, so it's pretty damn easy so far. I broke up body areas and opposing muscle groups for each day Monday-Friday with core everyday. I think it's helping a little bit so far. I'm 48 and do not have great genetics so I don't build muscle really fast, and I don't want to stick needles in my leg so it's slow going.
Fellow 260 bro here. I'm a lean 260 LOL!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've never been able to figure out diet really. Prob need to seek some kind of counseling or something, but I've always enjoyed working out. I don't worry about the weight too much anymore though

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Currently running this:

Have run a few of their programs in the past and just cycle through what I have. They are great programs but take some getting used to if you have not used RPE before. Most of them have exercise selection so you can choose what you want to do to not get bored or if you have limited equipment. They also put out tons of great content if you want to learn more of the science behind what they do. Both of the head guys are MDs and are strong AF.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Currently running this:

Have run a few of their programs in the past and just cycle through what I have. They are great programs but take some getting used to if you have not used RPE before. Most of them have exercise selection so you can choose what you want to do to not get bored or if you have limited equipment. They also put out tons of great content if you want to learn more of the science behind what they do. Both of the head guys are MDs and are strong AF.
Oh hell yeah bro. I did the Bridge by those guys a few years ago. Took me to another level in strength and I've never lost that foundation.

They have incredible programming where you can just handle massive volume and your body seems to take it really well

croot_lord

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Started a new block recently. It’s weird but I’m really enjoying the results. Today was chest and back

5 sets of 12 banded bench superseted with sets of 12 on lat pull down

4 sets of 12 pec deck super setted with sets of 12 pull up full extension

4 sets of 12 incline dumbbell bench super setted with sets of 12 seated cable row

4 sets of 12 incline bench press super setted with sets of 12 T-bar rows

4 sets of 12 cable flys super setted with sets of 12 trap raises

pleaseclap

Poster
Founder
Fucked my knee up a couple of months ago. Thought for sure if I laid off for a while it would fix itself. Apparently that method has a very low success rate. Getting my MRI done in a couple of hours. Gotta get this shit fixed. That fucking platform is calling my name.

⚪⚪⚪

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
4 Intervals, each for time of:
8 Pull-ups, strict
8 Pull-ups, kipping
15m Front Rack Lunge, 135/95
15 Toes-to-bar
18/12 Calories, Air Bike

*Rest 3 minutes between each interval

Peach-head

Poster
Lower 1:
Legpress
Leg press calves
Dumbbell stiff leg
Hack squat
Ham curls
Seated calves

upper 1
Bench press
Barbell row
Dumbbell shoulder press
pec dec
V bar pulldown
Dumbbell shoulder flys
Cable tricep
Cable bicep

Lower 2
Squats
Barbell calf raises
Barbell stiff leg
Leg extensions
Ham curls
Standing calf machine

upper 2
Incline dumbbell press
Rack pulls
Standing military press
Decile plate press
Pullups
Machine Shoulder press
Curls
Dips

Telcomedy

Poster
Founder
Bout to go now. Hitting bench today. Doing a 8,6,4,2...starting at 225 and adding 20lbs each subsequent stage . Maybe a 1 rep if I’m feeling it.

Incline DB - 3x8
Pec Deck - 3x15

Probably wonder around the gym a bit trying to convince myself to just leave.

...then hit some Half ass tricep push & pull downs The I’ll be out of there. Ain’t trying to Kill my entire Friday night. Fuck I’m dreading it already.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
4 Intervals, each for time of:
8 Pull-ups, strict
8 Pull-ups, kipping
15m Front Rack Lunge, 135/95
15 Toes-to-bar
18/12 Calories, Air Bike

*Rest 3 minutes between each interval
Only did 3 rounds. Wasn’t feelin it today

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Did this one yesterday:

Shoulder Press
1-1-1-1-1

Push Press
3-3-3-3-3

Push Jerk
5-5-5-5-5

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Here’s what I’m gonna do today:

"Helen"
3 Rounds for time of:
400m Run
21 Kettlebell Swings, 53/35
12 Pull-ups

Prob will sub the running for rowing. I’ll have to modify the KBS too cause I’ve only got a 35 lb Kb

VosFrost

Elite
Founder
Go three days a week:

Mondays / Chest:
Bench 5x5
Inclined Bench 5x5
Fly 10x3
Press 10x3

Mix in random side exercises during rest. Back and shoulders on Wed. Legs and arms on Friday’s.

hootyhoogoknights

Poster
Founder
Had hernia surgery a couple months ago and have had to change up the routine. Did some chest this morning

Incline press
Incline fly
Incline close grip
Shoulder press
Back fly
Cable fly
Resistance bands
Forearms

5 sets of each

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Power clean 3-3-3-3 reps
Front squat 2-2-2-2 reps
Squat clean 1-1-1-1 reps

I should be able to do more on the squat clean, just haven’t quite mastered the form

Top Bottom