Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No one saw a thing on amazon

TJHall1

Legendary
I'm only 12 mins in but this documentary is intriguing. A guy in Skidmore, Missouri got his head blasted off in front of 43 witnesses on main street and 40 years later no one has said a word about who did it because the guy was a monster.

Anyone heard this story?

TJHall1

Legendary
I might check it out later on tonight. I’ll report back if I do
There's 6 episodes. I'm almost done with the first. It's interesting to say the least, but not sure how they're gonna drag it out for 5 more episodes.

I had never heard this story before. It's like an old west tale, and the bully guy was fucking nuts.

ETA: ok, now I see it's about more than just this one guy getting blasted for the other episodes.

Last edited:

TJHall1

Legendary
Wasn't Roadhouse similar and in Missouri?
Jasper, Missouri is where roadhouse was based on.

The guy in this documentary had dozens and dozens and dozens of felony charges against him. He raped then married a 14 year old girl to avoid charges, shot multiple people with a shotgun in broad daylight on multiple occasions, burned down people's houses that pissed him off, stole chickens and hogs from local farmers.

This in a town of just over 400 people.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Jasper, Missouri is where roadhouse was based on.

The guy in this documentary had dozens and dozens and dozens of felony charges against him. He raped then married a 14 year old girl to avoid charges, shot multiple people with a shotgun in broad daylight on multiple occasions, burned down people's houses that pissed him off, stole chickens and hogs from local farmers.

This in a town of just over 400 people.
Skidmore, Missouri.(about 30 miles from me) Close to Maryville, Mo(Northwest Missouri State)

POS's name was Ken Rex McElroy.

I've talked with residents that had parents present. They still won't say shit if they had a mouthful of it.

FYI - The name of the book and made for TV movie(Brian Dennehy played Ken Rex) was titled "In Broad Daylight". You should check out the movie.

TJHall1

Legendary
Skidmore, Missouri.(about 30 miles from me) Close to Maryville, Mo(Northwest Missouri State)

Ken Rex McElroy.

I've talked with residents that had parents present. They still won't say shit if they had a mouthful of it.
There's another story in the documentary about Maryville. Around 1930 I believe a black guy was charged with murdering a school teacher. On the way to the trial the sheriff didn't activate the national guard that was supposed to help with any mobs. Instead he drove the man straight to one of the mobs and turned him over.

The mob drug him thru the countryside to the school house. They then took him on the roof, cut two holes, one on each side of the peak, and stuck his legs thru those holes. They then went inside and chained his feet together. Now the man was unable to move from the roof and they set the school house on fire.

That was the end of Raymond Gunn.

This documentary is pretty interesting.

TJHall1

Legendary
OP Finding time for this paints a picture.
kid-what.gif

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
There's another story in the documentary about Maryville. Around 1930 I believe a black guy was charged with murdering a school teacher. On the way to the trial the sheriff didn't activate the national guard that was supposed to help with any mobs. Instead he drove the man straight to one of the mobs and turned him over.

The mob drug him thru the countryside to the school house. They then took him on the roof, cut two holes, one on each side of the peak, and stuck his legs thru those holes. They then went inside and chained his feet together. Now the man was unable to move from the roof and they set the school house on fire.

That was the end of Raymond Gunn.

This documentary is pretty interesting.
I live in a border county.

I don't know what it is, but things get different in a hurry after you cross to the south.

Latest posts

Top Bottom