Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nick Saban delittled Najee his whole career

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
So Najee quit for two weeks prior to the 2020 season

After “bumping heads” with Nick Saban over his four seasons at Alabama, former Tide running back Najee Harris revealed he left the school at one point in 2020 before returning.

In an interview with three former NFL players published Tuesday, Harris revisited his clashes with Saban that he previously shared with AL.com’s “Road the Pros” in 2021.

“It was COVID year, and I came back to school,” Harris told The Pivot Podcast of the 2020 season. “It was our last incident. Imagine all four years, we kind of like, bumped heads, in a good way. Then I guess COVID year -- last incident happened and I left school.

“I’m like, ‘Man, I’m not messing with y’all. I’m gone.’ So I left school for like two weeks. Yeah, people didn’t know that. I left school for like two weeks.”

Harris did not reveal when he left. He played in all 13 games that national championship-winning season, becoming Alabama’s all-time leader in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.

“Saban sat me in his office,” Harris told The Pivot Podcast of his return to school. “Man, he’s like, I ain’t trying to say it -- we exchanged words. From that point on, he took his time out of the day to really understand who I am. Ever since that day, man, we’ve been rock solid, man.”

Said Harris to AL.com in 2021: “Me and him have a really, really special relationship. That’s why I like that little man.”

The second-year Pittsburgh Steelers running back described his challenges with moving from California as the nation’s No. 2 overall high school recruit in 2017 to Alabama, where Harris felt Saban did not “understand the type of dude” he was.

Harris did not reveal when he left. He played in all 13 games that national championship-winning season, becoming Alabama’s all-time leader in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.

“Saban sat me in his office,” Harris told The Pivot Podcast of his return to school. “Man, he’s like, I ain’t trying to say it -- we exchanged words. From that point on, he took his time out of the day to really understand who I am. Ever since that day, man, we’ve been rock solid, man.”

Said Harris to AL.com in 2021: “Me and him have a really, really special relationship. That’s why I like that little man.”

The second-year Pittsburgh Steelers running back described his challenges with moving from California as the nation’s No. 2 overall high school recruit in 2017 to Alabama, where Harris felt Saban did not “understand the type of dude” he was.

“I’m not the type of dude to sit back and just, like, let somebody just talk to me, I guess, in a way and not expect me to say something,” Harris explained to The Pivot Podcast. “I can take coaching, but there’s just a certain type of line when you cross it’s like, ‘I’m a man, you ain’t gonna fucking talk to me like that, bro.’ So I guess that, he wasn’t used to having somebody talk back to him in a way.

“So he said something to me, blah, blah, blah and I’m like, ‘Mother -- who are you talking to like that?’ I was kind of looking, like, ‘Who the fuck you think you’re talking to like that?’ I was like, ‘Look at, Coach, coach me, man. You can coach me. But don’t ever think you’re more than a coach to me. Don’t try to, like, belittle me.’ I felt belittled.

“So we had a couple arguments, man. Another incident, like, I always got into fights there. So he’s like, ‘Goddamnit, 22, you’re always fighting. Like, it’s always you -- you can do it again. You’re leaving practice.’ So I’m like, fuck this deal. We just bumped heads a lot.”

Harris believes Saban was surprised by his reaction to being chewed out.

“I’m a man, you a man,” Harris said. “I’m either gonna take it this way or not. I took it this way and I guess he wasn’t used to that way. I’m like, man, I’m not trying to disrespect you. I’m just telling you, as a man, like one-on-one, you’re not gonna do that.”

Harris also considered leaving Alabama after his freshman season in 2017 but remained, eventually earning a starting job as a junior in 2019.

Harris, a first-round pick in the 2021 draft, said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin “actually [sits] down and gets to know the players.”

Continued Harris to The Pivot Podcast: “Coach Saban -- and it’s nothing bad, that’s just how he is. I’m my way, you act your way. That’s how he acts. And Mike T acts his way. It’s just two different players. They all want to win.”

Harris told the Rich Eisen Show last month that Saban is “strictly business,” but, “that’s his way of coaching, and he wins.”

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder

After “bumping heads” with Nick Saban over his four seasons at Alabama, former Tide running back Najee Harris revealed he left the school at one point in 2020 before returning.

In an interview with three former NFL players published Tuesday, Harris revisited his clashes with Saban that he previously shared with AL.com’s “Road the Pros” in 2021.

“It was COVID year, and I came back to school,” Harris told The Pivot Podcast of the 2020 season. “It was our last incident. Imagine all four years, we kind of like, bumped heads, in a good way. Then I guess COVID year -- last incident happened and I left school.

“I’m like, ‘Man, I’m not messing with y’all. I’m gone.’ So I left school for like two weeks. Yeah, people didn’t know that. I left school for like two weeks.”

“I’m not the type of dude to sit back and just, like, let somebody just talk to me, I guess, in a way and not expect me to say something,” Harris explained to The Pivot Podcast. “I can take coaching, but there’s just a certain type of line when you cross it’s like, ‘I’m a man, you ain’t gonna fucking talk to me like that, bro.’ So I guess that, he wasn’t used to having somebody talk back to him in a way.

“So he said something to me, blah, blah, blah and I’m like, ‘Mother -- who are you talking to like that?’ I was kind of looking, like, ‘Who the fuck you think you’re talking to like that?’ I was like, ‘Look at, Coach, coach me, man. You can coach me. But don’t ever think you’re more than a coach to me. Don’t try to, like, belittle me.’ I felt belittled.

“So we had a couple arguments, man. Another incident, like, I always got into fights there. So he’s like, ‘Goddamnit, 22, you’re always fighting. Like, it’s always you -- you can do it again. You’re leaving practice.’ So I’m like, fuck this deal. We just bumped heads a lot.”

“I’m a man, you a man,” Harris said. “I’m either gonna take it this way or not. I took it this way and I guess he wasn’t used to that way. I’m like, man, I’m not trying to disrespect you. I’m just telling you, as a man, like one-on-one, you’re not gonna do that.”

Harris also considered leaving Alabama after his freshman season in 2017 but remained, eventually earning a starting job as a junior in 2019.

Harris, a first-round pick in the 2021 draft, said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin “actually [sits] down and gets to know the players.”

Continued Harris to The Pivot Podcast: “Coach Saban -- and it’s nothing bad, that’s just how he is. I’m my way, you act your way. That’s how he acts. And Mike T acts his way. It’s just two different players. They all want to win.”

Harris told the Rich Eisen Show last month that Saban is “strictly business,” but, “that’s his way of coaching, and he wins.”
Who would give two shits about any of this?

Taggart

Elite
Founder
200.gif

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

Said Harris to AL.com in 2021: “Me and him have a really, really special relationship. That’s why I like that little man.”:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That little fella is gonna be so pissed when he hears/sees this.

lzwP4xv.gif

Also FIFY bro!

Top Bottom