Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Never talk to the police.... ever!

P.Swayze

Poster
Classic video. The story where he asks about the gun and quiz the people about it then rereads it and no gun was ever mentioned is eye opening in regard to the nature of witnesses

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
How does one go to jail over a traffic ticket?
He had a couple drinks earlier. He passed a field sobriety test but got iffy about breathalyzer. The cop went to cuff him and he spun to tell the cop he would take the breathalyzer but the cop took that as resisting arrest. Dude went to jail and passed the breathalyzer too but had to plea out on resisting arrest. If he had stayed in his car and shut the fvck up he'd of still had to take the test but without some bs resisting charge.

MaizeBlaze

I’m just here so I won’t get fined.
Founder
He had a couple drinks earlier. He passed a field sobriety test but got iffy about breathalyzer. The cop went to cuff him and he spun to tell the cop he would take the breathalyzer but the cop took that as resisting arrest. Dude went to jail and passed the breathalyzer too but had to plea out on resisting arrest. If he had stayed in his car and shut the fvck up he'd of still had to take the test but without some bs resisting charge.
While I agree that not speaking to the police is generally a good idea. A driver must exit the car upon a police officer’s request. Whether or not you submit to field sobriety tests and the breathalyzer is up to you. But if the cop can articulate probable cause for DUI to a judge, he’ll just obtain a search warrant and get your BAC the hard way.

To your point, it never ceases to amaze me the dumb shit that people willingly offer to the police.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
While I agree that not speaking to the police is generally a good idea. A driver must exit the car upon a police officer’s request. Whether or not you submit to field sobriety tests and the breathalyzer is up to you. But if the cop can articulate probable cause for DUI to a judge, he’ll just obtain a search warrant and get your BAC the hard way.

To your point, it never ceases to amaze me the dumb shit that people willingly offer to the police.
Point being... the cop was going to test him when he pulled him over. Dude thought he could talk himself out of it and got a resisting charge when he was actually legally under BAC.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Don't break the law and you'll be fine.... break the law and get caught and suffer the consequences... It's not rocket science

FSU_Drews32

Poster
Founder
First off if you get pulled over for DUI never do any of the “tests.” They are not required by law and they consider them activities to get probable cause. I helped write a new handbook for them in Florida when I first got out of college and the breathalyzer or blood test are the only ones you are legally required to do if they can produce probable cause.

You never take the Fst or blow at the scene. You’re only required to blow at the station.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
First off if you get pulled over for DUI never do any of the “tests.” They are not required by law and they consider them activities to get probable cause. I helped write a new handbook for them in Florida when I first got out of college and the breathalyzer or blood test are the only ones you are legally required to do if they can produce probable cause.
My lawyer told me this but only applies in Alabama not sure about other states

1. Never let them search your car there are only three reasons they're allowed to search your car one is probable cause two is consent and three is an inventory search if you are under arrest for another crime. Probable cause is the weakest and most likely to be beat in court by a decent lawyer unless you have a pound of pot sitting on your dash.

2. if you get pulled over and you know you're drunk hand them your driver's license and refuse everything they cannot force you to take test or a breathalyzer and they cannot force you to do a blood test unless you committed a crime or they have probable cause. You'll get a DUI ticket you'll lose your license immediately but a lawyer can beat it in court because there's no proof you were drunk.

3. if you do get pulled over and you've only had one or two drinks and you know you're not drunk but say you just left a bar You're likely to fail the breathalyzer test you can demand a blood test and they take you to the hospital if they don't then the ticket will get thrown out of court.

How does one go to jail over a traffic ticket?
giphy.gif

Refusing to blow at the scene (PBT) is a civil infraction in the state of Michigan. Yet the results are inadmissible at court.
So you have to blow at the scene? But they can’t use it in court? I kinda like that, basically takes the tension down a notch in the stop bc everyone knows what has to be done and you’re not really turning over any evidence. Also enables the cops to say “look, you’re fucked, we’re taking you in” without having to play the guessing game.

Top Bottom