Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need recommendation for US Virgin Island vacation

BigBucnNole

Elite
Very informative. Thanks.

tenor.gif

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Ive been to the BVI more often, which is right next to the USVI. You can go between the two, but its kind of a pain so for the most part you kind of stay in one or the other.

Much of the BVI was destoyed by the two back to back hurricanes 2-3 years ago. Some of my favorite place and highly recommended (its going to be a while before they are finished i believe)

Bitter End Yacht Club
Little Dix Bay
Oil Nut Bay

As far as strictly the USVI St thomas is the most populated I believe. I've heard the Westin is nice on St Thomas.

And you could always charter a catamaran for a week which is a great time.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
BVI is still on lockdown.

Not much beach worth doing at hotels but if you rent a car and go to St John, there are some great beaches you can drive to. St John the better island all the way around, or it was 5 years ago, which was before the hurricane

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Ive been to the BVI more often, which is right next to the USVI. You can go between the two, but its kind of a pain so for the most part you kind of stay in one or the other.

Much of the BVI was destoyed by the two back to back hurricanes 2-3 years ago. Some of my favorite place and highly recommended (its going to be a while before they are finished i believe)

Bitter End Yacht Club
Little Dix Bay
Oil Nut Bay

As far as strictly the USVI St thomas is the most populated I believe. I've heard the Westin is nice on St Thomas.

And you could always charter a catamaran for a week which is a great time.

Avoid St Thomas, most over rated destination in the USVI, St Johns/St. Croix is so much better. ST is just a giant tourist trap... nothing but diamond and chocolate shops

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I agree with you. Haven't spent much time on St Thomas, mostly just passing through or a stop or two at the cruise terminal.

Heard really good things about St Croix but apparently things are really expensive on that island.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
rent a catamaran and island hop around and moor on the sea at night. much more fun

I did this once and it was probably one of my favorite vacations. You have to be willing to rough it a little bit, as the showers and bathrooms are not luxurious, should we say. They are doable, just not nice like you would get in a hotel.

If you can get around that its pretty awesome. You get the freedom to hop around to different islands, different bars and just cruise the channel on nice days. I just liked it more than being in one spot.

EdgeBest

Poster
I did this once and it was probably one of my favorite vacations. You have to be willing to rough it a little bit, as the showers and bathrooms are not luxurious, should we say. They are doable, just not nice like you would get in a hotel.

If you can get around that its pretty awesome. You get the freedom to hop around to different islands, different bars and just cruise the channel on nice days. I just liked it more than being in one spot.
We did it for a bachelor party for six nights. Had two guys experienced boaters so we didn't need a captain on board.

Dropped like $600 in provisions at the grocery store which has some shockingly expensive prices for some very common items

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Not USVI, but St. Martin on the French side is great. Not too touristy, great food and some nice beaches. Plus the takeoff when you leave is awesome. Volcano right in front of the airport.

Top Bottom