Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My first pork butt: 11lb monster

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Smoke it for 4-5 hours. Then wrap it in foil with some apple juice and put it into the oven at 325 until it hits temp. Then wrap in a towel around the foil and let it steam in a cooler for an hour. Can't get more smoke into it after 4-5 hours so save yourself the time. 11# will take about 15-16 hours on a smoker at 225.

CadetHawk

Elite
Founder
I was going to go ice fishing, but the windchill is around -30. Dabs and video games sound way better.

Nice looking butt. By next weekend we will be warm enough to smoke and I can't wait.

Last edited:

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
giphy.gif

Simmer007

Poster
Founder
I feel like this is normal but the white pork part is a little dry, but the red pork is fvucking amazing

Icculus

Poster
Smoke it for 4-5 hours. Then wrap it in foil with some apple juice and put it into the oven at 325 until it hits temp. Then wrap in a towel around the foil and let it steam in a cooler for an hour. Can't get more smoke into it after 4-5 hours so save yourself the time. 11# will take about 15-16 hours on a smoker at 225.

I was always told it’s 6-8 hours of smoke

Icculus

Poster
It's a temperature thing, not a time thing. I believe most meat stops taking in the smoke flavor around 140 degrees.

wow, I’ve been an amateur competition BBQer for years and never heard that. Makes cents though, never really thought about it being temp over time.

Top Bottom